PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy, or crazier I guess PLEASE HELP

Alisonj
31-10-09, 22:14
I had m surgery 3 weeks ago. Abdominal hysterectomy and my panic came with the recovery for some reason. I have had high platelets for 3 weeks now and although the doctors tell me its from the inflammation etc from the surgery I am still paranoid. I have been taking baby aspirin as a preventive just in case. I am so worried about clots.
to make things harder, my husband and kids are sick. Spent the day at the hospital with them and they have the swine flu!!! So now I am terrified to get it. They gave them Tamiflu as a prescription and the side effect is vomitting so my 2 yr old is throwing up now as well. I am tired and need to still rest and recover but I am having to be the caretaker now and I am way way way overwhelmed. I cant handle it. I already had so much worry on my plate and now this. If anyone is out there I could use some words of encouragement or something to get me through this. I dont want to lose it.:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

Humly
01-11-09, 10:31
Dear Alison

You have just had pretty major surgery and its going to take a while to recover. Just try and take note of what the docs are telling you. If there was anything at all to be concerned about they wouldnt just leave you.
I am sorry your family are ill which is putting more pressure on you, I hope they are ok and are feeling better soon. Is there someone who can come in and help out for a while to give you some rest.

Its no good telling you not to worry as I know you are going to anyway but I am thinking about you and fingers crossed that you will soon be on the mend.

Alisonj
01-11-09, 18:11
LT I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post and make me feel better. I am trying so hard to just heal and forget about the blood work for now but at some point in the day the urge overwhelms me and I start to google. I hate feeling like this, its such a horrible thing.
I wish I knew when I was going to feel somewhat safe and not at risk again. I guess when my bloodwork finally normalizes. Thanks again. It helps so much to read some positive words of reassurance.

gypsywomen
01-11-09, 18:37
after my daughter of 21 had the same op as you ,her platelets were like yours, but after a few weeks they settled down ,,its a big op and you are meant to rest,,but with your family not well must be taking it out of you ,,you will just have to get some rest when you can try to relax and try to stay calm ,hope you and all the family better soon, xxxx

SleeplessFog
01-11-09, 20:35
Sorry to hear that your family is not well....is there anyone you know who could come around and help you? After all, it sounds like you still need to rest. I hope things get better and your family recovers from the flu soon.