PDA

View Full Version : Will this ever end?

anx mum
31-10-09, 23:03
Many of u know ive been suffering with constant headaches for about 3 months now. Was put on a new drug called pregabalin just over a week ago my headaches r there but have eased now im getting chest pain like an ache by my beastbone hurts 2 touch so sick of feeling ill all the time:weep:

Alisonj
01-11-09, 05:58
I am not familar with that medication. My husband suffers from daily headaches as well. His are really bad and he finally made an appt to be seen. If you feel the meds are causing you side effects that you dont want talk to your doc about another med. I know they use propanolol for headaches as well as anxiety and blood pressure. I have had no side effects other than a "calm" feeling while taking them.
Good luck, I hope you feel better soon

sarah jayne
01-11-09, 09:50
Ive had this aswell since taking them, thats why i had to reduce my dose last week. my doctor said it wasnt the tablets making my chest sore but if you look at the side effects its one of them. Maybe the dose you are taking is too strong ? I know you quickly went up from 150 to 300 mg ? Im just taking 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg at night at the moment and also having paracetomol and ibrophopen ( soz for the spelling !) during the day. Im going to give these tablets another week and if they arent working by then and i keep getting the side effects then im going to ask for something else because i cant carry on like this.
Sarah x

anx mum
01-11-09, 11:14
Thanks for your replies think im gonna have 2 make an appointment with my doc 2moz now ive got chest pains not sure if its due 2 pregabalin sick of feeling ill

amandaj
01-11-09, 12:43
hi bev sorry your still feeling poo,one thing after another isnt it hopefully dr will sort it for you xx

steveo
01-11-09, 12:52
Hi ANX MUM. I have a BNF book for my Nursing course and it contains every drug and all known information about the drugs. I have alot of information on the drug you are taking plus all the known side effects. If you would like information on the drug then let me know.

marfen
01-11-09, 16:07
Awww no. *hugs* I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling right. I've not been around that much recently (I was having a good spell!) but I have been wondering how you were getting on.

mark1980
01-11-09, 16:24
Hi, Sorry to hear you are still not feeling the best, I owe you and others support in return for the kind messages I received from you all recently.

Hope you feel better, try not to worry - easier said than done. I am sure you are ok and like me I go from one health concern to another, it's like our minds are just bored otherwise. I think we are a very intellectual bunch of people with too much brain energy - perhaps we should start our very own anxiety related mensa! Take care :hugs:

anx mum
01-11-09, 17:21
yeah steve that would b helpful