PDA

View Full Version : what could it be?

pinkynicca
01-11-09, 07:58
hey everyone i posted a thread on lymph nodes not to long ago.. i still have them in my neck, and i just found a rather large lumpy feeling thing in the collar bone region.. cant sleep and my mind is taking me for a ride.. i cant stand the thought of the c word.

guitarpants
01-11-09, 17:44
Well, cancer is pretty much always highly unlikely. Swollen lymph nodes are common, and a feeling of tightness in the throat is a common symptom of anxiety as well.

Even if you do have a bump there, in the vast majority of cases, it's benign or something else entirely. A few years ago I discovered these dime to quarter sized lumps under my skin in a variety of places. You can imagine me freaking out. Turns out they are just Lipomas, which are just fatty deposits under the skin, completely harmless.

I say don't worry until you have something to worry about.

pinkynicca
02-11-09, 01:16
thank you, your post made me feel better :)

guitarpants
02-11-09, 05:23
No problem, just have your doc take a look and try not to worry about it. Odds are you'll worry the entire time until you see your doctor just to have him tell you it's nothing, or something minor. That's happened to me before and I felt stupid for wasting all that time being worried about nothing.