PDA

View Full Version : Hi I just joined this morning !

Hells12
01-11-09, 10:03
Hi everyone I joined on the recommendation of my daughter so that I can hopefully get some help before I have an op which I am scared stiff about.I dont want to lose control of my drinking again in order to cope as that seems to be a vicious circle resulting in panic attacks when the drinking stops.Apart from all that I live with my 2 youngest daughters,2 cats,dog and rabbit.I do have good days when the drinking excessivly stops and then I enjoy the gym ,doing diy and just being with my girls who are my best mates !

nomorepanic
01-11-09, 10:07
Hi Hells12

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

sarah jayne
01-11-09, 10:20
Hi, ive only been a member of this site for about 3 months and ive found it so helpful. Ive met some lovely people and have received great advice. Im 28 and suffer from health anxiety. If you ever need a chat pm me !
Sarah x

Maj
01-11-09, 10:34
Hello Hells12,

Yes, I know what you mean about the vicious circle. I think lots of people on here are in the same boat. It's so easy to drink to excess when anxious - it can be an instant tranquilliser for some people, but then when it wears off you're left with even more anxiety. Of course you'll be apprehensive about your op - most people would be, so don't feel bad about that - you are only human!! I'd be the same. You say in between times you have a good life, this is a good thing as it shows you can manage your anxiety at times. Have you spoken to your doctor about how you are feeling. They are there to help with things like this. You will get lots of support from this site as people know what you're talking about as we've all been there in one form or another!! Recovering from anxiety is all about accepting that you're anxious, that you are scared from the symptoms, but when you accept that they depend on your dislike of them and don't worry about them then they don't matter anymore and go away.
Please ask your doctor for some help though if you feel as if you are struggling.
Take care
Myra:hugs: