PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms appear randomly so I don't know if they are stress related or not! ARGH

helpmepleas99
01-11-09, 14:02
I have just had enough. My stress related symptoms (what I put down to stress as my doc didn't really tell me what it could be) first started six months or so ago - I won't go into detail.

I have been through a couple of stressful situations since then, but nothing the average person doesn't deal with - my symptoms seemed to have dissapeared over the last 2 months though.

I recently started swimming which I think helped with the stress and sypmtoms.

Anyway for the past week and a half I have had weird pains. First in my right shoulder, then progressing to the right handside of my neck. Then I started feeling the tingling over my fingers, feet, arms, head and neck (I REALLY hate this). The tingling went after a day. Then the pain went to the left hand-side of my neck, then my left shoulder, then the middle of my upper-back.

I started massaging my neck with baby oil - then the next day I started feeling swelling of my neck and the tingling has just occurred again.

I have also been constipated for 5 days.

I don't know if it's stress now or something else - the swollen neck is weird - have no throat infection or anything like that.

When I went to see my GP a few months ago my blood tests came back normal.

This is probably stress related, but I just can't do anything in this state :weep:

ValleyGirl
01-11-09, 14:19
Hi,

I have similar random pains too. Again, I've been through a few stressful situations, but as you say nothing everyone else doesn't go through. I've never had anything like this before.

I've definitely had the tingling and pains and swollen neck. Even been sore to touch. I definitely think its stress related. And of course worrying about it all makes it worse.

But if you are worried, it won't hurt to make another appointment at the docs.

gypsywomen
01-11-09, 14:29
you may think this sounds silly but i think all his comes from being constipated ,the opposite happens when you have the runs you shake and feel cold ,, its strange how the bowel can cause all sorts of aches and pains ,, i would have a word with Doctor ,,i just think it this and anxiety

helpmepleas99
01-11-09, 18:15
Thank you all :)

Well the constipation occurred after the muscle aches, but before the tingling and swollen neck.

I might as well book an appointment at the docs, but I should also add that I have had a hole in my tooth for around 5 months now as well. I never experienced any pain with it though. I had a filling done last week.

I am supposed to be going on holiday next week for 3 weeks, but dont know if I will be able to go now - how can I when I have these aches and pains? :ohmy: I haven't been on holiday in two years and I desperately need one. What worries me is that if I can't go, I will lose out on all the money I have invested :doh::scared10:This only makes me worry more :emot-crying:

AndyB07
01-11-09, 20:24
How about you do a deal with yourself about the holiday, especially as you say you badly need it? Given that your symptoms are common, and almost certainly anxiety, you could tell yourself that there is no way that anything terrible will happen to you in that few weeks. Therefore you absolutely won't worry about your symptoms whilst away, and will force yourself into having a proper rest. I suspect that the long break will improve things anyway. Leave the worry at home, and if you catch yourself feeling anxious, distract yourself (or ask someone else to) with something else. Best of luck, please enjoy your holiday!

helpmepleas99
03-11-09, 00:23
Thanks Andy - i've become a bit of a freak with anxiety recently. I hope I control it before it gets worse. My neck pain is much better and the swelling feeling has gone down considerably. The tingling went yesterday, but is back today (not massively, but it's there).

I am going to try my best to relax and de-stress and enjoy this holiday (it's actually been 4 years since I had a proper holiday).

I still worry about worrying though - hopefully it'll pass :)