PDA

View Full Version : Take Toddler Away?

MiseryIsAButterfly
01-11-09, 14:15
I have been very worried that social services will take my 18 month old daughter away because I have been back and forth to the emergency room and doctor with anxiety symptoms (that seemed like real medical symptoms at the time). Would they do that? I am a very good mother, and my daughter is my entire life. I don't know what I could do without her. No one has called me or anything, but I am just afraid they will come and take her. I have read of them doing so before with mothers that have been depressed or with anxiety.
Does anyone else have children and an anxiety disorder on here?
If so have you had your children taken away or been frightened?

gypsywomen
01-11-09, 14:20
i haven't been in your situation ,but i don't think they will ,have you family around who help with your little girl and you ,,they have to have a good reason for one you are neglecting her in some way ,,whitch by your post you certainly are not ,,i cant see how they can when you go to doctors to seek help for your anxiety,that's a plus point for you,,so don't worry and bit of advice don't google ,,love maggyxx

Maj
01-11-09, 14:22
Of course you are a good mother. If you weren't you wouldn't even be thinking about your child, you'd be too busy wrapped up in yourself!! Please don't worry about this. Probably a huge percentage of this site are people with children - clever, sensitive, caring people who wouldn't hurt a fly. People who have lovely families and who couldn't live without them. Who, even when desperate, put their children first. Try to concentrate on getting better and don't worry about this. You sound like a good, caring mum, with a bit of anxiety thrown in!! The emergency room will be used to people suffering from panic and anxiety - this probably contibutes to many of their calls.:hugs:
Myra:)

MiseryIsAButterfly
01-11-09, 14:27
Thank you Gypsy and Myra.
I have a husband and he is wonderful with her, and so are his family.
(My family are back in the states.)

I guess I am just being a bit paranoid, because I love her so much I don't want to lose her.

loulabella
01-11-09, 14:32
Heya. I have a 4 year old and have been into Docs 3/4 p/week for about 3 months, seen a psychiatrist, had CBT etc - Not once has anything been mentioned about my son. They have asked about him and just said got great family support. The last thing SS want to do is destroy families. If you were a risk to your child then yes, but anxiety doesn't tend to equate to risk... Hope that is of some help?

L x

gypsywomen
01-11-09, 14:33
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:you wont don't worry what you need to do is try to control your anxiety so you don't have to rush to docs to many times come on here you will get a lot of help pm if ever you need advice love to all the family you will be fine xxxxx

MiseryIsAButterfly
01-11-09, 14:33
Heya. I have a 4 year old and have been into Docs 3/4 p/week for about 3 months, seen a psychiatrist, had CBT etc - Not once has anything been mentioned about my son. They have asked about him and just said got great family support. The last thing SS want to do is destroy families. If you were a risk to your child then yes, but anxiety doesn't tend to equate to risk... Hope that is of some help?

L x

Thank you Loulabella, this has made me feel much better.
:) My mind is more at ease now.

MiseryIsAButterfly
01-11-09, 14:34
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:you wont don't worry what you need to do is try to control your anxiety so you don't have to rush to docs to many times come on here you will get a lot of help pm if ever you need advice love to all the family you will be fine xxxxx

Thank you hun. :D