PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to post again but

rebeccad
01-11-09, 17:12
i have stupidly just googled itchy skin and anxiety as i have been experiencing itchy skin for the past few days no rash or anything and i dont suffer from allergies, i have been itching all over arms legs scalp everywhere to the point i have made myself bleed. Anyway Dr google said anxiety can be a cause but so can auto immune system diseases. I know i sound stupid now but is ms an auto immune system disease and should i be worried, ms is my biggest fear i just cant get rid of this itch, i have not changed washing powder or eaten anything new. The more i think about it the worse it is. I have been to the docs lots of times about different symptoms but not this and seen 2 different docs they both say no. i have had a scan of my optic nerve and had my reflexes checked, although i did notice my left leg jumped higher than my right but the doc said fine so i have to go with that. Now i have this itch and muscle twitches which i have all over and have done for some time, has anybody every heard of itchy skin being an ms symptom?

mandyclare
01-11-09, 17:15
I don't know whether it's a sign of MS one way or the other but i do know that nervousness can make you itchy and you know how it is the more you scratch the more you itch.. you just stop itching in one location and it starts somewhere else. If two doctors have said you are ok and you had the tests you mentioned I don't think this is anything other than a nervous itch.

This may sound really silly but at this time of year when the weather turns colder it can dry your skin out.. try some simple moisturiser.. it may help.

Take care
Mand

gypsywomen
01-11-09, 18:07
it can also be reaction to meds if you read the leaflets ,in some it says can cause itching so check your pkts

rebeccad
01-11-09, 18:42
but i have been on them for 7 weeks surely i would have noticed it before now?

gypsywomen
01-11-09, 18:45
yes but to get into your blood system can be a while it wont harm you ,,its just reaction,but it must be annoying nothing worse,, if it not the meds then its a reaction to something xxx:hugs:

rebeccad
02-11-09, 08:48
could itching be classed as parasthesia? im so worried about this but am to scared to go back to docs as im sure he is sick of me :-(

sarah jayne
02-11-09, 09:52
Im always scared of going to the doctors because im scared they are sick of the sight of me, but we shouldnt be because its their job and they cant refuse to see us. Go to the doctors if only to put your mind at rest then you can stop worrying. Hope you feel better soon.
Sarah x

rebeccad
02-11-09, 13:43
He wont refuse to see me i just feel silly going in with this ailment. :-(

tasia
02-11-09, 20:05
Hi there,
Ive suffered with itchy skin for years, at one time it was due to me suffering with enemia, so get your blood tested. but over the years it never really went away I do notice that I get itchy when im stressed so its deffinately an anxiety problem. I actually try to bathe twice a week in oilatum and use acurist cream to moisturise afterwards. You can buy both at the chemist one is very cheap the other a bit more expensive but worth the money as it calms the skin down, especially if you have been itching to the point of making yourself bleed. when i itch sometimes I scratch so much my legs are black and blue so you could say I have it quite bad. But ive had numerous blood tests over the years and im fine and im sure you are too, its all anxiety related..you can get a gentle hair shampoo for your scalp too. Take care and please try not too worry you are absolutely fine go to the chemist and get the creams ive suggested too xx