PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bad again

strawberry1756
01-11-09, 19:25
Hi
I havent been on here for a while as I have been feeling pretty good for the last 4 months or so. I have been on Citalopram for about 8 months now since developing severe panic and obbsesive thoughts last christmas time. I found out that i am pregnant 2 months ago and my GP advised that I come off the meds so Ive been gradually reducing down and came down to 10mg yesterday. (i was originally on 40mg) Ive not really had any withdral symptoms up until I woke this morning and I feel almost like I did before exept more scared because Im pregnant. I dont know if this is part of the withdrawl or if I should go back to my GP so they can up my dosage again. I just dont get how it could come back overnight. I am so scared I have not really told my husband how bad I feel because he went through so much too when i was really bad Im not sure what to do :weep: Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

suzy-sue
01-11-09, 19:45
Hi Strawberry ,definately sounds like withdrawals hun ,its like you feel when you start on them ...Give it time and you will be ok ..Congrats on your pregnancy and well done for getting this far .The last steps are usually the hardest with coming off these drugs ,do it very slowly to avoid feeling bad ...Every thing passes with time ,im sure you will,be fine Take care and all the Best Sue x:hugs:

ElizabethJane
01-11-09, 20:08
Hi well done for becoming pregnant. I have never taken citolpram and it it could be withdrawals from the drug that you are experiencing?. If you continue to feel bad then you need to speak to your GP. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish withdrawals from the original illness returning. I was on a very low maintenace dose of dothiepin when I was expecting my son(now eleven). I eventually came off it to go back onto it almost immediately after he was born. If I had a choice then I would have preferred no drugs during early pregnancy and beyond when the baby is forming. The first few months are crucial for the babies development. I was able to have hypnosis which enabled me to relax and for the most part I felt well during my pregnancy. I developed high blood pressure towards the end and because I had taken dothiepin during my pregnancy my son slept for the first forty eight hours. The paediatrician warned us that he might be floppy and slow to feed but he scored 9 on the agpar scale! I hope it goes well for you.

strawberry1756
01-11-09, 21:03
Thanks for the replys they have put me at ease a bit, I think I am going to ride the storm for a couple of days and if I dont feel better I will go back to my doctor. Thanks again :flowers:xx