PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol and symptoms..just a hangover or something worse?

majdle
02-11-09, 10:24
Hello everybody,
I need a word of advice. On Thursday night I was out with two friends: I rank about 3 glasses of red wine and I nearly passed out. I felt so sick..I mean, I´m not used to drinking much, I go months and months without alcohol, but this time I drank that wine. But being so sick after 3 glasses when everyone else was just fine? And then I woke up in the morning and had the wors hangover ever. Normally if I´m hungover, I´d be fine the day after, but it´s Monday already and I´m still feeling crappy. I mean, I´ve been able to function, my appetite is ok, i´m not sick on my stomach, my head doesn´t ache, but my muscles are so awfully sore and I feel very weak. Could this be still from the alcohol or is it something serious? Is it possible that a hangover would last this long? Do you think there might be something awfully wrong m¨with my body or metabolism that I cannot handle three glasses of wine that even girls smaller than me can consume without problems? I am really freaking out now about what must be wrong with my body that such a small amount of alcohol does this to me? Does anyone has exp with this? Help would be really, really appreciated...:-(

gypsywomen
02-11-09, 10:54
do you take meds at all if yes this mght be why you still feel like you do if answer no dont worry 3 glasses of wine will not harm you in fact wine is very good for you and your heart in moderatio please dont worry maggy

majdle
02-11-09, 11:04
no, I don´t take any meds. I´m not worried about the wine harming me. I jsut wonder if there´s something wrong with me that I feel so crappy after just 3 glasses...and for DAYS now. Bad metabolism?

Shadow_of_me
02-11-09, 12:46
drink can effect everybodys body differently! i hardly drink at all now but when i did could drink up to6-7 pints a night n feel fine but another night drink 3 and be outa it and very ill the next day!!! depends on lots of factors like what u have eaten.... Dont worry about it... I no someone who vomited after one glass of wine n was hungover the next day!! needless to say she wont drink wine agen lol

Cell block H fan
02-11-09, 14:24
Wine gives me a banging head, within an hour or so of drinking it, so I avoid it.
Probably just one of those nights. I had a rubbish new years eve a few years back, we went with loads of mates somewhere fun, but I couldn't drink, I dont know why, I only had a couple, & couldn't face anymore, I went home at 11.30 feeling crap. I wondered at the time if I was coming down with something, but it didn't develop into anything, so maybe I managed to fight it off? Could be similar for you? x

lindzanne
02-11-09, 16:01
Red wine gives me a migraine for a day, I can't remember what is in that does that to some people, but it's almost like I'm allergic. It's very common for red wine in particular to cause headache, sick feeling, etc, and the quality of the wine can make it worse. It's weird! But very common, I wouldn't be worried.

Maj
02-11-09, 16:15
You could even have a wee virus - there's lots of them around just now. In a day or two you'll feel better again. 3 glasses of wine isn't a lot so I wouldn't worry about that.
Myra:)