PDA

View Full Version : Black dot on foot?!

daisycake
02-11-09, 12:02
Hmm, on one toe I have a tiny black dot - slightly raised, with a white edge - I'm a bit worried, Dr Google seems to believe this could be skin cancer of the toe - is that right?

I have on another toe a warty looking thing with a black dot but that's been there over a year - I've tried cutting it off with nail scissors and it just reappears although this time it's got a red line running through it.

Should I make an appt to see Doc about either, does it sound worrying?

daisycake
02-11-09, 12:06
I'm unsure as to whether I ought to head up to GP again - that would be five times since September (ear problems mainly)

amu
02-11-09, 12:32
If you don't go, you will obsess about it...
Maybe wait a week to see if it changes (and to extend the time between two visits :))

mandyclare
02-11-09, 12:45
If it were me i'd make a decision not to look at it for a week... if it is no better in a week i'd get it checked although it's almost 0% anything to worry about in my opinion. Maybe a little wart type thing.

Your other and probably sensible option would be go into a good chemist and ask for the pharmacist to take a quick look. They will be more than happy to do it im sure and will put your mind at rest and recommend any cream that may help.

Good luck

mand

teez
02-11-09, 13:04
could always be a verucca,,,they look like black dots:hugs:

daisycake
02-11-09, 18:55
OK - Dr Google has done the nice thing for once - one spot is very definitely a wart. I presume, if you cut warts off; they just come back.. My mam said this could theoretically cause cancer but I don't see how?!

2nd spot probably a verucca I think

mandyclare
02-11-09, 20:10
glad you feel better about them now Daisy..... you will get cream for both warts and verucas as a chemist/pharmacy.

Mand