PDA

View Full Version : Bad Cancer HA

PanicMan
02-11-09, 12:08
Ive posted on here a number of times with various symptoms. I have had a slight ache in my right side for the last month or so. It doesnt hurt but I can feel it and it comes and goes during the day depending on what I am doing and sometimes I can feel something similar in my lower right back or stomach. I have bleeding gums and I wake up most mornings (but not all) with a blood taste in my mouth and when I kind of suck and spit out my spit will be full or blood, it goes after a few spits and that will be it for the day usually and mucas I cough up is generally yellow or clear not full of blood.

I intend going to the doctor tomorrow to talk to him about this but I am terrified and am certain I have some form of cancer that I cant get out of my head. Its even gotten to the stage where I have relived the doctor telling me I have it and that I dont have long to live over and over and thinking about how I wont be around much longer and all the things I wont get to do like have children, im 34 and got married last year. I dont know what to do and if anyone else ever feels and thinks like this. :weep:

milli
31-12-09, 00:01
Hi, ive just just joined tonight, u ought to read my story, it sounds very similar. I have thought i hav had every cancer going! i see the Dr twice weekly, im a nurse myself. Im on all sorts of meds- its driving me crazy now! last 2 days i have had the worst anxiety attack ever! convinced i had cervical cancer- reassured by the dr, then 10 mins later thought i found a lump in my boob and convinced bout breast cancer! we shud catch up and talk about it! wish i cud reassure you but im sure its in your head too! milli talk soon i hope

eva82
31-12-09, 05:53
I can also relate to your feelings. When I was 18, the doctor found a lump in my breast, and needless to say I was terrified at the thought of having cancer. Thankfully, it was a harmless cyst, but I believe that event was the beginning of my battle with health anxiety. As you mentioned, I always think the doctors are going to tell me I only have months to live everytime I go in for my headaches. I am convienced that eventually they will tell me I have a tumor (eventhough I had a CT scan that came back normal). I even had a very vivid dream that they did another scan and they found a huge tumor in my head! You are doing the right thing by going to the doctor and getting checked out...I am sure that it isn't anything serious and you will have some piece of mind.

Jo3016
31-12-09, 17:01
I can relate too. At the turn if 2009, I was convinced I had a brain tumor. Through this past year, I have "had" bowel cancer, stomach cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and at the moment, breast cancer.

I have had many symptoms to convince me of all these including headaches, funny vision, pain under ribs, pain in abdomen and back, bloating, never ending menstrual bleeding and now several breast lumps which appeared over night a couple of weeks ago.

I always think the worst as many of us do and the worst for me is cancer!! I have a doctors appointment for next week regarding the breast lumps. In my heart, I know it is probably nothing but I always worry!!

Andyroo
31-12-09, 18:20
hello im sorry your worried about cancer its horrible to think your dieing... i think that way some times... ever since my uncle passed away from cancer its been a huge concern to me.. ive noticed when we worry about things like this its never what we think it is... NEVER .. this anxiety always makes of think the worst of things... trust me ... i hope you feel better soon try to think positive :hugs:

j2
31-12-09, 20:10
I have spent the last several years partially conviced that I have a tumor somewhere and then working myself into a tizzy. I know the pain you are in and I know that even the smallest real symptom (bleeding gums) can send you over the moon. The blood in mouth might just mean that you need to floss more and take a vitamin. Try not to worry and post whenever you need to. You will be fine.