PDA

View Full Version : Panic probably out of place

jhan
02-11-09, 15:22
Hello,

I've been having a problem for the past few months feeling a little light headed, some days would be worse but all in all everything was alright. In the last week it's gotten a little worse, I feel a little dissconnected from everything around me, i'm quite light headed, i'm tired a lot of the time, can't concentrate for long (which makes work hard as I work on the phone!) and my short term memory is really bad - I also get a bit of a tingly head on occasion as well.

The worst thing is that if i'm sat there on my own I get panic attacks and I think to myself that maybe something serious is wrong, what if i'll be like this forever.

I used to have problems with low blood pressure when I was a kid (I'm 21 now) and I wonder to myself that maybe this is the problem, I have an appointment booked with a dr on wednesday but I worry that if they say my blood pressure is fine then what could be wrong with me. I used to smoke marajuana (for about 6 months daily) but I stopped about 8 months ago and have been fine since.

Has anyone else had this? If so am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks in advance,
jhan.

gypsywomen
02-11-09, 16:02
it looks to me like you have anxiety ,,if you bp is fine when you see the Doctor that's good news isn't it ,,maybe its sitting by the phone gives you too much time to think witch brings on panic ,so if you feel it coming on go to washroom rinse your face with cold water ,then say o yourself in mirror i am fine its anxiety causing this xxmaggy

Maj
02-11-09, 16:13
The symptoms you've described all sound like anxiety symptoms. You'll feel a bit better when you get your doctor's reassurance. You'll get advice and support from people here to help get you through it.:yesyes:
Myra

jhan
07-11-09, 20:38
Thanks for your above comments, in the last week I've had two panic attacks - the first of which was quite serious. That was the first time i've ever had a panic attack and scared the hell out of me.

Tonight's wasn't as bad however I was out at a work leaving party and have had to come home early because I couldn't handle it.

Who do I see about this and is there something I can do? it's getting me worried.