PDA

View Full Version : Mint sensation in mouth

springblossom
02-11-09, 16:19
Does anyone get a cold mint sensation in the mouth and on the tongue?

It's definitely not metallic or ammonia as detailed in the self-help section of the site but a cold, minty taste.

Maj
02-11-09, 16:56
I haven't had this but there are many different symptoms and feelings experienced by different people. We're all unique!!:)
Myra

gypsywomen
02-11-09, 17:51
sounds like you have good mouth its not a bad taste ..shouldnt worry

springblossom
02-11-09, 18:56
it's not a pleasant sensation though, it feels really cold and tingling.

i'm so worried i have some kind of autoimmune disease as i also have numbness and tingling in my face and in my limbs,it's been going on for months and i'm waiting forever to see a neurologist on the NHS

annabanana
02-11-09, 21:40
Strange...about neurologist appointment that is. I was referred the other week by my GP and have the appointment in four weeks time. Could you not ask your GP to push it on for you?

x

Gazman
02-11-09, 23:14
it's not a pleasant sensation though, it feels really cold and tingling.

i'm so worried i have some kind of autoimmune disease as i also have numbness and tingling in my face and in my limbs,it's been going on for months and i'm waiting forever to see a neurologist on the NHS

Oh balls to that, get yourself down to the docs and tell him to push it for you OR go down A & E, they can't turn you away :)

markko
02-11-09, 23:55
Hi Springblossom,

Strange one that. Not heard of that before.

Ironically, I often use mints to calm my nerves usually because I start feeling sick.

Markko

springblossom
03-11-09, 09:38
would the mint be a 'cold' sensation that i'm misdescribing?

could it be a mild version of burning mouth syndrome?

hunny
03-11-09, 17:07
Hi
I have a cold sensation on one side of my tongue and mouth that doesn't taste like mint but has the sensastion of maybe just brushed your teeth or eaten an extra strong mint , sometimes icy cold! Is it like that?

H x

ValleyGirl
04-11-09, 20:28
OMG I so had this!! I had a strange sensation in my mouth, Its what led me to this site infact. But I wasn't sure how to descibe it. But you are so right. It doesnt taste minty, but its that kind of feeling. I had it start last thursday. it started on right side of tongue and inside of mouth. Then it moved to centre of tongue. It lasted days. Its only really gone today. It was really weird. felt a bit like I had burnt my tongue after a few days but I hadn't. But as you say, was like you had eaten a mint at first but no minty taste. Really weird. If you find out what it is I'd be really grateful to know. Do you still have it?

springblossom
05-11-09, 10:46
don't know what it is! it drives me crazy!

kaywire
31-12-13, 17:33
Hey guys, I have this...anyone know what it could be?

Smogrn
30-12-15, 22:05
Omg smell the inside of your cabinets. Its a phenomenon called old wood roistering. Do you have wooden cabinets? Do you eat food from your wooden cabinets? Try relocating the new food you buy and see if it goes away after eating the new relocated food. Wooden cabinets seem to have the same affect as wood smoking meats. HOW? Do you live in a heated home? Do you have spearamint, cinnamon or any other things in your cabinets? Even if not the wood on your cabinet is making a smell that will even pierce through cans. Most common is chip bags.