PDA

View Full Version : Iron tablets have helped with my anxiety

sue681
02-11-09, 18:31
Just wanted to say that since ive started taking iron tablets (ferrous sulphate) each day i have definity noticed that my anxiety is alot less.
I looked it up on the internet and apparently there is a connection between low iron levels and anxiety !
I started taking them because i was always so tired and can honestly say ive noticed improvements in my anxiety.

Sue x x x

gypsywomen
02-11-09, 18:37
right going to get some tomorrow thank you for this

Maj
02-11-09, 19:03
That's great news. I started taking sanatogen 50 vitamins with gingko biloba and ginseng a month ago and without a doubt I feel much better. I don't even think I've had any ectopic beats since taking them. It's good to know that you can take something simple that helps.
Myra:)

tasia
02-11-09, 19:21
Hi there,
Yes that is so true as i suffer with enemia and take iron tablets every few months when my blood goes low and I can say that I always feel great after taking them for a week or so....Glad you are feeling much better you will notice you dont feel so tired too and skin and hair looks so much better...take care x

sarah jayne
02-11-09, 20:23
im definately going to try them x

julieb
02-11-09, 20:28
i was thinking of trying them but i have real problems swallowing tablets. does anyone know if you can get chewable or liquid form?

Gaza
02-11-09, 20:41
Iron deficiency can lead to a lot of problems and should be taken unjder the advice of your doctor, against blood tests. It can increase anxiety and any other disorder so professional help should be sort before self medicating:

Please read the following for advice (only):

http://www.anxietyinsights.info/iron_serotonin_anxiety_and_depression.htm
http://www.thewayup.com/newsletters/081504.htm

sue681
02-11-09, 21:18
Ive suffered alot with low iron levels and apparently most of us do at some point in our lives, alot of us have trouble absorbing , i drink alot of tea and the tannin in tea stops absorption . started taking 3 capsules a day then 2 just to get my iron levels up and now i just take the one everyday to maintain my iron levels , i take it at the same time i take my vit c as this helps you absorb it.It really really has help with my anxiety !

sue x

tasia
03-11-09, 11:33
I agree with Gazza you deffinately should consult a doctor first before taking them as they can be very dangerous to your body if you dont need them. Always ask the doctor first.