PDA

View Full Version : Strange back pain

fairyloveheart
02-11-09, 19:04
I got up in the middle of the night to nip to the loo and as I got up I must have twisted a little as my back went click, and now it has hurt ever since. My hubbie says just wait a few days and it will probably go away, but I am worried I have broken my spine or one of the discs has slipped.
It really hurts.

Any ideas?

ChrisMayo
02-11-09, 19:35
Hi there.

I've suffered with on and off back pain for sometime and i'm only young (22), but i'm very tall and thin, so I get aches easily.

You certainly haven't broken your spine, you wouldn't be able to move.

I've had bad back pain last 2-3 weeks before, most of mine tends to be muscular. If it's lower back (below the ribs) then it is probably just a stretched or twisted muscle, these can feel really bad.

The best thing to do is take some ibuprofen (if you arent on any Anxiety meds) otherwise paracetamol for a few days, and try to have normal activity, but nothing too strenuous.

If it is still painful after two weeks, or gets worse in that time, get a quick check up with a Dr.

It's rarely anything to worry about, unless it worsens, or is severe and the result of an accident etc.

Hope that helps a bit
x

fairyloveheart
02-11-09, 20:50
Hi
Thanks for the advice. It is sort of middle back. It isn't agony, just an ache.....
FLH

ChrisMayo
02-11-09, 21:08
I would imagine you have strained a muscle. Often feels like a dull ache with muscle pain.

I'd give it two weeks, and if it's still worrying you, see a Dr.

I hate back pain, and I get it a lot, but it's just one of those things. Apparently it's one of the most common complaints Doctors get, but the problem they can't really do much about.

Cx

fairyloveheart
05-11-09, 13:01
How would I know if I had slipped a disc? Would it be really agonising pain? It is more of a dull ache but worrying me like crazy? Haven't been to the docs yet...am trying to hold out and hoping it will go away...