PDA

View Full Version : My vaginal cyst is not a full blown absess

countrygirl
02-11-09, 20:07
After a week of antibiotics that haven't helped at all my cyst has gone from pea sized to grape sized and it has a nasty red and yellow head and is horribly painful. I went back to Gp today who said it looks as if it might burst in next few days but will send you to emergency gyny clinic:huh:- he thought they would look and get me back in a few days if it hadn't burst itself. So spent 3 hrs in clinic and finally saw Registrar who said she didn't want to put me through an anaethetic and minor surgery straight away as it was relatively small:lac:( not to me) and might burst on its own but if it was no better or had got bigger by Thursday then to come back to clinic for 9am having had nothing to eat or drink from midnight and they would admit me and take me to theatre that day for incision and drainage under g a . she said no point in taking more antibiotics as they weren't working but to try hot flannels and hot baths to try and get it to burst on its own.
I was told it was caused by a blocked mucus gland and if they dont resolve themselves at the cyst stage then eventually infection sets in and they are quite common - there were two other women in clinic with same problem - we had some hilarious and horrible conversations in that long wait to see the gynys:D
So I am hoping and praying that I can get it to burst before thursday otherwise its the knife for me:scared15:

countrygirl
02-11-09, 20:09
Sorry everyone this should have said My vaginal cyst is NOW a full blown absess but coulnd't edit the header only the content.

Cell block H fan
02-11-09, 20:52
After a week of antibiotics that haven't helped at all my cyst has gone from pea sized to grape sized and it has a nasty red and yellow head and is horribly painful. I went back to Gp today who said it looks as if it might burst in next few days but will send you to emergency gyny clinic:huh:- he thought they would look and get me back in a few days if it hadn't burst itself. So spent 3 hrs in clinic and finally saw Registrar who said she didn't want to put me through an anaethetic and minor surgery straight away as it was relatively small:lac:( not to me) and might burst on its own but if it was no better or had got bigger by Thursday then to come back to clinic for 9am having had nothing to eat or drink from midnight and they would admit me and take me to theatre that day for incision and drainage under g a . she said no point in taking more antibiotics as they weren't working but to try hot flannels and hot baths to try and get it to burst on its own.
I was told it was caused by a blocked mucus gland and if they dont resolve themselves at the cyst stage then eventually infection sets in and they are quite common - there were two other women in clinic with same problem - we had some hilarious and horrible conversations in that long wait to see the gynys:D
So I am hoping and praying that I can get it to burst before thursday otherwise its the knife for me:scared15:

Oh countrygirl, thats a nightmare! Keep doing the hot flannel thing, the heat will soften the skin up, & hopefully it will burst. Let us know how you get on. Bet it was funny in the waiting room :D I didn't know it was so common! :scared15:

Cell block H fan
29-05-13, 16:13
Wow this is spooky, I have something going on 'down there' & I came on here to search & found this thread & then noticed I had replied to it many moons ago!
Too scared to go to the docs at the moment, hoping it'll go away on its own, but it;s been there a few days now, some days is a bit sore & noticed earlier a dot of blood on tissue paper. I'm too chicken to have a proper look so far, but I know it's not very big at the moment, as I can't see it if I glance down there. If that makes sense...