PDA

View Full Version : Shakey legs

BigDaz
02-11-09, 20:14
Hi, I've been anxious for about 5 years. I've had all the usual symptoms and panic attacks along the way and I've been on Amitriptyline for all that time which helps quite a lot.

Recently I've noticed my legs trembling when I walk which is new. I feel shakey and really feeble, if I keep walking it gets worse to the point where my legs are refusing to work and I have to sit down. Any suggestions how to deal with it? Most symptoms I can deal with but not feeling able to move around is particularly difficult, especially when needing to escape from a stressful situation and not being able to. Generally I find these feelings are accompanied with feeling cold, particularly my feet which are so cold its almost painful.

Angelicnorth
03-11-09, 23:11
Hi

I have had this symptom when my anxiety is bad and always when I have chest problems, I am scared that my legs will not carry me.

Helen

nikkinik
04-11-09, 16:37
Hi

when I had an appointment for CBT the guy there told me my legs go weak because adrenaline is kicking in making you ready to run, he assures me they wont give way.. afterall thats not the intended responce, the idea is run, not collapse :)

Im sure you'll be ok. The more you think about it the more youll notice it, then the more it happens the more you'll notice.. some of these things can be never ending!

xx.

pinkrose
04-11-09, 17:11
Hi BigDaz

I have bad anxiety at the moment and feel shakey on and off throughout the day. Some days my legs feel like jelly. I also feel as if my insides are shaking (if you know what I mean)! I'm guessing as time goes on I'll ignore it, to the point where I won't notice it as much.

BigDaz
04-11-09, 21:34
Yes I know what you mean about shaking on the inside, I'm getting that too.