PDA

View Full Version : Convinced i'm going to die

PaulR
02-11-09, 21:44
Ever since this swine flu thing got all the media attention I've worried non stop 24 hours a day 7 days a week that I'll die from it.
I have asthma and high BP and wheeze with post nasal drip most days. I am absolutely convinced I'll die to the point where I upset myself thinking about my family organising my funeral and my kids growing up without a dad.
I feel stupid writing this but I can't shake this feeling. I hate being ill and am just waiting to get swine flu.

Don't know how I can go on living like this anymore anyway.

I'm a complete mess

Jac 2009
02-11-09, 22:09
Paul,

I bet every single person on here worries about swine flu - that's what we do - we worry about our health! I also have asthma but I know it is brought on by not breathing properly. It's amazing how long I can go without any medication - I don't even think about it - if I breathe properly. I bet your high BP is also part of over breaathing - mine is!

Have a look at my post which I put on earlier today called hyperventilation? Try this. It really works.

As for swine flu. You should be eligable for a vaccine if you have asthma - check with your surgery. I worried about it big time for months but you have to remember that thousands of people die every year from ordinary flu and swine flu is just media hype. The media love to make a crisis out of anything.

Jac

SH2727
02-11-09, 22:19
Hi Paul,

I too have asthma and I have had swine flu and was absolutely fine. I was so worried and the got Tamiflu as soon as I could and recovered relatively quickly.

I know its easier said than done, but please try not to worry and if you get any symptoms call your GP.

Take care.

SH

Welsh.Baz
03-11-09, 11:25
I'm in the same boat, worried about getting it and having asthma, but it's also good to look at the facts, out of about 500,000 confirmed cases, only 120 odd deaths, that is pretty low when you compare it to seasonal flu.

Also there is something there to suggest that if you've had the seasonal flu vaccine you'll have some kind of immunity against a severe dose of swine flu, so that's another positive isn't it?

Then the swine flu vaccines are being done as we speak, i'm just waiting on the call from my GP to get my jab, which i'm sure everyone else who's in the same boat is.

I won't bother saying try not to worry as it'll make things worse, just try to think on the positives.

Neuro
03-11-09, 14:58
I'm probably one of the few people on here who doesn't worry about swineflu. The vaccines have been introduced and there's always tamiflu if you get it. I think that swineflu has been hyped up a little by the media, many people just get cold-like symptoms and are fine.
Like other people said, the number of deaths is very small indeed and also the fast reaction-time whenever there's an outbreak means it gets dealt with efficiently. You won't die of swineflu, I'm sure.