PDA

View Full Version : Uppted my dose a little but maybe made things a little worse..?

Deepest Blue
02-11-09, 23:49
Hi,

I've been on 10mg x3 a day for the last 2 weeks and although I have noticed a little difference I was still feeling a bit anxious, so I called my GP for some advice and he said up it to 20mg x2.. I took my first 20mg around 3 hours ago and I fell asleep OK but then woke up 2 hours later with increased anxiety and panic that I had to get out of bed and so something. I am so tired but now feel like I've got an overtired feeling and finding it hard to get back to sleep. Was this the affect of upping it by just 10 more mg makes that much difference? If so how long do you think it should be before my body gets used to it?

Thanks for reading.

AJ7909
07-11-09, 01:49
Prob due to taking a higher dose in meds u need 2 give it more than 2 wks for them 2 work :) xx

Deepest Blue
08-11-09, 14:15
Hey ya AJ,

Thanks for that and you're right of course.

I've been tearing my hair out with trying do frantically find something to help me and it's been driving me nuts! I've certainly stopped the Citalopram never taking them again, it felt like I was going crazy :(

With Propranolo, strange thing though I seemed to be OK the next day on the higher dose and my body got used to it. I stopped feeling anx and last week had a decent week, however, last night my anx returned a little :( Maybe I need to up the dose again, I am only on 40mg a day which is probably still too low, but I am just following what my GP tells me. I think for long term anx 80mg a day is recommended so I will probably go back to my GP with this if I continue to feel anx.

Thanks for reading,
Take Care.
D.x