PDA

View Full Version : Going Outside..! PLEASE HELP

Ruby94
03-11-09, 00:09
Okay so, ..

Im not agraphobic .. but i feel as if im going that way i hardly go out anymore, unless its to my other halfs place.. and we never walk there i always avoid walking. Not because im lazy i just get major panic attacks out there and i dont know how to control them, i dropped out of school and im supposed to be going to college soon but im worried of going out there, i get horrible symptoms like feelings ill, hot, drained, no energy, dizzy, mostly fatigue, really tight chest and cant breathe, light headed and swimmy.

Anyone got any tips for me?
Please..

Yours desperatley

Ruby.

jude uk
03-11-09, 01:08
From what you say in your post it would seem that you avoid being outside and this would suggest agoraphobia. The question that may need to be addressed is why do you avoid it? What is going on in your life at this moment and how long have you been feeling this way? Have you seen your doctor about this?
You say fear of panic attacks! The classic signs of panic/anxiety are there in your post and avoiding situations reinforces these feelings. The best way to combat them is to confront them. But I sense that at this moment you dont really have that courage, yet dont let that put you off. Try and just take small steps to begin with and build on this.

Do your family know how you feel and what support are you getting from them. Its important that you dont hide this from them, even if you cant make sense of how you are feeling.

Alisonj
03-11-09, 01:56
Ruby you need to get to your doctor. You need to let them know that things are getting bad and have them figure things out for you. You are young and need to get a hold on it now before it takes over completely.

candee86
03-11-09, 09:06
I agree with Alison...you need to get it sorted a.s.a.p...I got all these symptoms early on...aged 17..and dealt with it straight away and nipped it in the bud as they say hehe and got therapy and tablets and got a lot better so really try and get it sorted..even if you are embarrased...its not worth dragging out because you could slip further and further into it

Good Luck xx

Ruby94
03-11-09, 19:17
Ive spoke to my doctor about this,

And he didnt blink an eyelid he totally ignored me, gave me eye tests felt my tummy said he couldnt find nothing, ive even had blood tests everything is normal altho my thyroid gland is borderline. I feel very ill at the moment even the strong anti biotics arent working ive been taking one a day and ur supposed to take one 4 times a day do you think this could be a problem? I dont know what to say or do anymore i just walk about and beat myself up inside i get so overwelmed and if im out with my family i have to stop myself from crying, i wont get up and walk around if im out i just feel very very ill all the time its ruining my life im 15 years old.

candee86
04-11-09, 09:19
Have you got the option to see another doctor? My doctor is really unhelpful so I called up the local mental health team and they referred me to someone because I explained the problem and saidd that I was worried that my doctor wasnt as knowledgable as I need and I was worried I wasnt getting the right treatment! I am waiting to hear back though but its definitely a route to go down because you need to get this sorted asap really :) xx