PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone's anxiety worse in the mornings?

LJL
03-11-09, 08:51
Hi

I have been on Fluoxetine for 14 days and I am feeling a bit better, the side effects are still there, however I am aware that it takes around a month to get into your system.

I was just wondering if anyone else has/had the symptons where their anxiety is worse in the morning, my mouth is dry and I have really bad shakes but it does get better as they day goes on.

Thanks

gypsywomen
03-11-09, 09:19
yes i am always worse in the morning ..it starts as soon as i open my eyes not nice is it do you find fluoxetine helping,i was on it 3 weeks but stopped

MOJO
03-11-09, 09:33
Hi! Yes, mornings are always bad for me. It starts as soon as I open my eyes, like gypsywoman says. I shake and have the churning tummy, feel agitated and like I'm losing the plot. I always wonder how I am going to get through the day ahead, but somehow I do. Evenings are my best time, sometimes I feel relatively "normal"! It would be wonderful to wake up like I used to and look forward to what my day had in store for me. Maybe one day.....:blush:

BabyRachel
03-11-09, 09:55
Yes mornings are always worse. So much anxiety in the morning. Thats why I switched taking my lexapro to in the morning, hopefully it wll help. Anxiety happens as soon as I wake up, my mind is bombarded with non helpful thoughts. Then it seems to get worse and worse and around 11 it gets okay... Days are just hell at the moment.

onceagain
03-11-09, 10:21
yes me too, I wake up to the feelings of anxiety jolting me from my sleep. only been on medication for a month but was really hoping that it would have stopped by now, it feels as if I have climbed a mountain before other people open their eyes, do you have vivid dreams or does the feeling just hit, I have vivid dreams and I jolt awake.

I know that everyday I think oh no, here we go another day of this and it takes me a long while to settle those feelings. I have got into a routine I jolt awake, I feel the panic setting in, my stomach in knots so I get straight up let the dog out, put the kettle on and turn the computer on, rather than think on it. Sometimes it works other times not

x

LJL
03-11-09, 12:37
yes i am always worse in the morning ..it starts as soon as i open my eyes not nice is it do you find fluoxetine helping,i was on it 3 weeks but stopped

Hi

The first 5 days on Fluoxetine was awful, I really could have given up but after that I started to feel better, the sickness was awful and god I was so, so tired but it didn't last, The anxiety is getting better throughout the day and I have started to get snippets of my old self back, (dont know whether thats a good thing)!!! You obviously found it an awful experience as you have stopped after 3 weeks. Don't get me wrong I still have bad days but I know I'm getting there. I have been to the docs this morning and he said it takes around 4-5 weeks, I have even started driving the car on my own which was a huge hurdle for me.

Have you tried anything else?

x :hugs:

LJL
03-11-09, 14:33
yes me too, I wake up to the feelings of anxiety jolting me from my sleep. only been on medication for a month but was really hoping that it would have stopped by now, it feels as if I have climbed a mountain before other people open their eyes, do you have vivid dreams or does the feeling just hit, I have vivid dreams and I jolt awake.

I know that everyday I think oh no, here we go another day of this and it takes me a long while to settle those feelings. I have got into a routine I jolt awake, I feel the panic setting in, my stomach in knots so I get straight up let the dog out, put the kettle on and turn the computer on, rather than think on it. Sometimes it works other times not

x

Hi Sharon

I never wake with a jolt but I have started having vivid dreams, once awake there isn't a lot of anxiety but as soon as I get up the shakes, pins and needles and the nausea feelings starts but only lasts till about 10. I'm just hoping it's the tablets. I find that keeping busy alleviates my anxiety and I start to feel better. Perhaps I should go back to work!!!

PanicOver!!
03-11-09, 14:36
Hi

I too am on Fluoxatine and yes i am definately worse in the mornings especially if i have a restless night (which is most nights)

bomberbeamish
03-11-09, 18:01
im also on this, as well as diaizepam and seroquel, but i find if i dont think about the day and just get on with things, im ok by lunch time,

lucy x

chickpea
04-11-09, 21:24
Same here.
It's so frustrating - I am just waking up, thinking how great I feel, how well I slept etc...and then as soon as I am fully awake, the anxiety starts to mutter.
It's not every day and it IS manageable, especially if I get up and get on with the day, but it still knocks my confidence a little bit each time it happens.

Mind you, when I look back over the last 8 weeks that I've been on citalopram, my anxiety is a million times better than it was.:)

Alicat
05-11-09, 20:51
Yep, I find it's worse in the mornings. I quite often wake up and start panicing about there being a whole day ahead of me and having to get through it.

Evenings are always the best. Makes me want to not go to bed!

onceagain
05-11-09, 23:08
Hi Sharon

I never wake with a jolt but I have started having vivid dreams, once awake there isn't a lot of anxiety but as soon as I get up the shakes, pins and needles and the nausea feelings starts but only lasts till about 10. I'm just hoping it's the tablets. I find that keeping busy alleviates my anxiety and I start to feel better. Perhaps I should go back to work!!!

Hi

yes mine doesnt last all day, maybe it is the medication, but yes I still jolt awake it is very rare for me to just wake up normally, but it doesn't take long for that feeling to hit, definitely agree it is better to keep busy, and the very best of luck to you if you do decide to return to work, how long have you been off, don't think it does us any good being stuck at home, initially yes as I was in a real mess but what with the therapy and support of this site and determination I have requested to return to work...so the very very best to you, I don't get pins and needles I tend to get that tightening of the chest and shakes and this complete desire to run but with no where to run to.. my mind goes to negative thoughts and I do physically and very verbally tell myself NO which is why I follow a routine in the morning it sort of takes my mind away from it, a bit anyway x

LJL
06-11-09, 09:43
Hi

yes mine doesnt last all day, maybe it is the medication, but yes I still jolt awake it is very rare for me to just wake up normally, but it doesn't take long for that feeling to hit, definitely agree it is better to keep busy, and the very best of luck to you if you do decide to return to work, how long have you been off, don't think it does us any good being stuck at home, initially yes as I was in a real mess but what with the therapy and support of this site and determination I have requested to return to work...so the very very best to you, I don't get pins and needles I tend to get that tightening of the chest and shakes and this complete desire to run but with no where to run to.. my mind goes to negative thoughts and I do physically and very verbally tell myself NO which is why I follow a routine in the morning it sort of takes my mind away from it, a bit anyway x

Hi Sharon

I have been signed off work since the 22nd Sept, I did manage to go back to work for a couple of hours on Wed but I started t feel really sick and came home, but I still thought it was huge achievement but since then I have been very sick, feeling a little better today but still have the sicky feeling. I also work from home so it does keep me busy. How long have you been on the meds? Day 18 for me.

pinkrose
06-11-09, 11:47
Yes, me too. I always feel worse in the morning, and a few weeks ago felt absolutely awful -I'd jolt awake, instantly have butterflies and felt so sick on occasions i had to run to bathroom. But as time's gone on it has lessened - I still feel a bit weird when I wake up, but it's not so severe as it was. I find around 11, I feel more 'normal' - whatever that is!!!:wacko:

Take care x

onceagain
06-11-09, 12:05
Hi Sharon

I have been signed off work since the 22nd Sept, I did manage to go back to work for a couple of hours on Wed but I started t feel really sick and came home, but I still thought it was huge achievement but since then I have been very sick, feeling a little better today but still have the sicky feeling. I also work from home so it does keep me busy. How long have you been on the meds? Day 18 for me.

The last day I worked was the 06/10/09 but similar to you I went into complete anxiety overdrive and just asked to leave and went to the hospital.

I had been put on diazepam on the 4th but my AD's didn't start until the 6th. It is helping but went through some horrific times with side effects, all I can say is get the doctor to work with your employers maybe going straight back is gonna be the wrong thing for you, maybe you need a gradual return.

Don't over do it, as it is only stress added which you don't need, give the meds time to work...mine made me very anxious and heightened my depression initially not that I knew it was that until I used this site. You will get there, honest but be kind to yourself :hugs:

LJL
06-11-09, 13:44
The last day I worked was the 06/10/09 but similar to you I went into complete anxiety overdrive and just asked to leave and went to the hospital.

I had been put on diazepam on the 4th but my AD's didn't start until the 6th. It is helping but went through some horrific times with side effects, all I can say is get the doctor to work with your employers maybe going straight back is gonna be the wrong thing for you, maybe you need a gradual return.

Don't over do it, as it is only stress added which you don't need, give the meds time to work...mine made me very anxious and heightened my depression initially not that I knew it was that until I used this site. You will get there, honest but be kind to yourself :hugs:

Thanks Sharon

I've decided to take things a little bit easier, good idea to get the doc to work along side my employer, my doc is great might just do that when I see him on Tues.

Thansk again

mystic3178
07-11-09, 08:19
In some ways its good to hear that this seems normal. I'm going through this at the moment - I suppose I have been for quite a while. My anxious thought seem to start an hour or so before I am due to get up. I always seem to beat the alarm clock. In fact, my alarm clock now seems to be our central heating coming on.

For me at the moent, it just seems to be that hour I have big problems because even though I am now having what I would call a good sleep, it seems to get relatively undone in that hour. In saying that, when I get up, after a 10-15 mins, I'm not too bad

Mystic3178