PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

nikk_dolittle
03-11-09, 10:56
:huh:Hi All.

Im doing an animal care diploma and Im about to do a1000 word essay but was wondering what they mean by:

INCLUDE INFORMATION TO SUPPORT YOUR THEORY

Please can some one help

Nikk xxxx

nutteetart
03-11-09, 10:59
what was the whole question?

nikk_dolittle
03-11-09, 11:01
Write an 1000 word essay on whether you feel it is possible to train a cat. Include information to support your theory.

Rain
03-11-09, 11:13
I think they want you to include FACTS to prove what you are saying. For example, if you decide to say it IS possible to train a cat you could include some facts about it having quite a large and complex brain.

nutteetart
03-11-09, 11:14
well, if you believe to train a cat you need to try to reward a behaviour for instance like if the cat rolls over,you give it a treat, then things like previous experiments like 'Pavlovs dogs' (if i spelled it right) showed that animals learned behaviours for treats, or you may have a personal experience. I had a cat once who would play 'dead'. I would roll her over and gently push her chin back and say 'dead!' and she would just lay there. She was lovely. She did this for attention so that sort of thing would support a theory.

Hope that helped. I love animals and they have helped me enormously because they dont judge. Hope you do well hun.
X

nomorepanic
03-11-09, 15:52
I would think it meant reference materials like books or websites that prove the theory.

Get quotes from various sources and put them in the essay saying where you got them from.

kazzie
03-11-09, 22:24
Hey Nikk:D

You cant train cats.....they are like men!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

nikk_dolittle
04-11-09, 09:07
Thank you all.

I will do some quotes from the book I have.

You can only train females kaz lol ;)

Nikk xxxxx

nikk_dolittle
04-11-09, 09:52
Just wondering does that need to included in the 1000 word essay, and do i need to copy all that is written down?

:)