PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram dose taken late

strawberry1756
03-11-09, 13:00
Hi does anyone know if you get side affects if you forget to take one of your tablets as I did about 7 hours after I normally take it? :)

candee86
03-11-09, 13:02
I used to do this ALLLL the time and it didnt make any difference to me lol!! Dont know if it is recommended but certainly was fine for me :P xx

chickpea
03-11-09, 16:11
Be careful when you take the next dose - a friend forgot to take a dose, so took it when she remembered and then took another one when she would normally take it. It sent her a bit manic and she ended up in hospital, having tried to take an overdose of paracetamol.

NoPoet
03-11-09, 23:42
Hi, you probably wont start to feel withdrawal symptoms until you have missed a few doses, so don't worry about being late with a dose.

Chickpea, I'm sorry for what happened to your friend, but I think such a bad reaction would not be common.

nomorepanic
03-11-09, 23:44
It will tell you on the lealfet how late after a missed dose it is safe to to take another one

chickpea
04-11-09, 18:24
Hi, you probably wont start to feel withdrawal symptoms until you have missed a few doses, so don't worry about being late with a dose.

Chickpea, I'm sorry for what happened to your friend, but I think such a bad reaction would not be common.

I agree - it was a very specific set of circumstances.
She'd only started taking cit the week before, and had started on 20mg straight away. She wasn't over the side effects, and that, combined with taking two 20mg within 12 hours was was sent her over the edge.:ohmy:

She's ok now, and has been taken of Citalopram and is getting help for her problems.