PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre anxieties

Neuro
03-11-09, 14:34
Recently I've been getting scared of the universe, pertaining to its stability and the stability of the components of said universe. It's bizarre, I know, because there is nothing to indicate that the universe is unstable....but I still get a feeling of wild panic whenever I think about it.
I'm soon to be seeing a mental health professional, but until then I'm just terrified.....if anyone happens to know anything reassuring, then I'd really appreciate it.
It's a strange concern and I'd be interested to know if it bothers anyone else.

gypsywomen
03-11-09, 14:43
i think the state of the earth and such worries everyone at sometime or another with me t was after new baby arrived i thought about it then i think because i didnt want anything to happen so they would have long life ,if this makes sense ,ansd i didnt have anxiety then i think its a normal thing to think xx

Maj
03-11-09, 15:34
Anxieties are not bizarre to the sufferer - we all have our own unique thoughts and worries. Your anxiety is the kind my oldest son would think about - he takes a great interest in the universe and all it's goings on. There are professors who actually delve into all these details, so no, please don't think it's bizarre - at least you are taking an interest in the planet. Of course take an interest but try not to stress yourself too much about it. You sound like a pretty clever person to me!!:)
Myra

BexieB
03-11-09, 16:09
Hi Neuro

I wouldn't in any way see this as a bizarre anx. I know a lot of anx seems to be based around everyday life events, so that something like this seems a little 'out there'. My worst anx is always about these 'big issues', meaning of life, nature of suffering, the concept of infinity etc. But the process whereby everyday thoughts and 'big' thoughts become huge anxieties is the same. Put any thought through an oversensitised nervous system and it will come out with demons hanging out of it. Calm the nervous system, calm the thought.

Wishing you peace and solice
Bexie