PDA

View Full Version : chest pain, can cortisone injection make it worse ?

sarah jayne
03-11-09, 14:53
For the past 2 and a half years i have been experiencing chest pains, a doctor finally diagnosed me with having costichrondritis last month, before that it was always put down to my anxiety. On saturday i had a cortisone injection in my chest, im wondering if it was a good idea because today i am in alot of a pain, its worse then it has ever been. The pain is on the left side and in the center of my chest, my upper back and down my left arm, ive also got pins and needles down my arm. Its awful i really dont know what to do. The doctor said there wouldnt be any side effects. Is this normal ? It seems to get worse if i lie down Im wondering whether to go to a&e but i dont want to look like an idiot, im in so much pain !:weep:

gypsywomen
03-11-09, 14:57
i would ring your docter and tell him if you dont want to do that ring chemist they know about drugs and side effecs but i would check to be on safe side ,,

SueBee
03-11-09, 15:03
Hi Sarah,

My ex husband had a cortisone injection in his sternum (not sure if its what you have) and he was in agony afterwards. I've heard of other people being worse for a while after too.

If you went to A&E or your doctor, they wont think you're foolish in the slightest.

I'd get it checked out to be on the safe side :)

sarah jayne
03-11-09, 15:06
Thanks for your replies, im going to a&e as soon as my mum has picked the children up. Somethings not right, surely i shouldnt be getting pain down my arm.
Sarah x

gypsywomen
03-11-09, 15:09
your doing the right ting best to be sure whats cauing pain let us knowxxxx

sarah jayne
04-11-09, 12:22
I went to the hospital and they did an ecg which was fine, my blood pressure and pulse were also fine. They said it must be down to the injection and if its no better in a few days to go to my doctors. Today its even worse, i wish i had never had it done, if i had known that i would be in so much pain i wouldnt have. Im crying as i write this, ive taken painkillers but they havent helped at all, it just seem to be getting worse. My doctors is closed today and the consultant who did it at the hospital isnt in til the end of the week.
How long was your ex husband in pain for suebee ?
Sarah x