PDA

View Full Version : So...apparently i'm fine..again!

ChrisMayo
03-11-09, 17:30
Hey all.

Have posted a fair bit over the last couple of weeks and had some encouraging and very supportive posts from several people, so my utmost thanks and appreciation to you guys.

Basically over the last few weeks i've been concerned, nay, convinced I had both Leukaemia and then Cirrhosis of the liver (a condition I'd never actually heard of until I googled!)

I had a lot of Leukaemia symptoms, was told by four people It would be very unlikely, then got the test results (several!) and all was fine.

I then went to the Dr last night about my pinprick spots and veins again...he said he didn't think it was anything, but to speak to my Dermatologist. I mentioned my worry of Cirrhosis to him and he gave me a confused look, and said, no, your liver is fine.

I then went away slightly happier, but ended stropping off to the walk in centre at my local hospital for another opinion. I showed someone there, who said with normal blood tests, these things are quite common, and it should go, and just leave it alone. And said it was nothing to worry about.

I then saw my Dermatologist today, who I showed, and he immediately said, oh that really is nothing. I then showed him the veins, and he said, oh not much we can do about those. I then said I was worried about Leukaemia, and more recently Cirrhosis of the liver. He gave me the same confused look, shook his head quite sternly and said "no".

He said it's quite common, and it really is nothing, so just to leave it alone.

I then said, so you don't think I need to worry about an underlying condition, and just said "no, not at all".

He actually said I was very healthy, very thin (always have been), but otherwise very healthy and I was doing well.

So, it's a big weight off my mind. I'm sure something will be rattling around in my head come next week, but I start back counselling a week today, and my meds should start to have an effect over the next week (I hope!).

I'll continue to post on here most days i'm sure, if just to keep my mind distracted, and enjoyed my brief visit to the chat room last night.

If anyone wants to chat, i'm on Facebook far too much, so feel free to add me "Chris Mayo" (London)

xx

xxpearlxx
04-11-09, 10:17
Hi thought i'd pop on and say hello how are you today hope your feeling better, i'm sorta new to this site been on for about 2-3 weeks i usually pop on and say hi to everyone take care

gypsywomen
04-11-09, 10:34
hichris went on fae book is your pic there if so witch one are you,,getting back to your health what did i tell you i knew you would be ok so you can now try and gt your life back i am so pleased if you get invite from a mady jay thats me

ChrisMayo
04-11-09, 11:11
Thanks for your comments guys.

Half of my mind is feeling better, the other half is in doubt, seeing my GP tomorrow, who I'm going to talk to again about my worries, and also to feedback on what the Dermatologist said.

x