PDA

View Full Version : Getting worse?

lnew
03-11-09, 19:03
Hi every1, hope all having a good night.

The last few days I feel as if I'm getting worse, have been feeling light headed since Friday and worrying it not just anxiety anymore although I think I know it is! Have got a day out planned Friday and I'm not looking forward to it and don't know if I can go which is worrying me that I am developing Agrophobia aswell now.

Am feeling really scared at the moment and just wondered if anyone had any words of advice to help me though this.

Thanks.

Alisonj
03-11-09, 19:08
I am the same way. I woke up this morning with a higher than normal level of anxiety. Some days are good, some horrible. I dont know what causes it, I guess it can be from anything to lack of sleep, hormones, and many more things. I know its common in anxiety sufferers to go back and forth with how they are feeling. If you feel like you cant go out on Friday then just forget about it, and then when Friday comes if you are up to it then go. If you spend the time worrying about it you for sure will not go. I dont know if I am being much help at all but what you are feeling is very normal. Maybe make a trip to your doc and tell him your concerns.

lnew
03-11-09, 19:50
Thanks Alison,

I will try to stop worrying about Friday and hopefully it will be ok. I want to beat this and not let it develop further.

Hope you're ok tonight.

skippy66
03-11-09, 20:42
Hi every1, hope all having a good night.

The last few days I feel as if I'm getting worse, have been feeling light headed since Friday and worrying it not just anxiety anymore although I think I know it is!

It's most probably a brain tumour. Inoperable. Huge one.

Lightheadedness is very unlikely to be poxy anxiety. It must be something of huge significance and seriousness.

I hope that this makes you feel better. See my little experiment thread for my reasoning.

lnew
03-11-09, 20:53
No, that didn't make me feel any better strangely.

skippy66
03-11-09, 20:58
I think the way out of our health anxiety cycle is to stop constantly searching for reassurance. I really do. Learn to laugh at the symptoms and tell yourself they can't hurt you.

And, if they do, there's nothing you or I can do about it so why worry.

I don't know why but every day I get into a car and I never constantly worry about crashing and dying. I just drive.

However every day I get strange symptoms and DO constantly worry about dying from them.

It makes no sense if you think about it.

We need to let go of the worry and accept the risk in life.

I really think that is the cure.

tasia
03-11-09, 21:15
In some ways yes you are right you have to tell yourself that you are thinking in a really irrational way and that ofcourse you dont have anything wrong with you...easier said than done I know but just try it and see how you get on..I have suffered with dizzy heads. for so long now and it is mainly due to anxiety sometimes I think it can be hormonal and once when it was really really bad I actually had vertigo. When I get it now I must admit I dont like it but I know that if it truly was anything sinister I would know by now....try not to let it ruin your lovely day out. Go and enjoy your day out and take your mind away from it...im also sure a day out will do you good and you will feel much better for it..take care....by the way i went on the london eye last friday with my dizzy head lol..it was fab..xx

Jac 2009
03-11-09, 22:17
I completely agree with skippy and I like your first reply by the way! Stop looking for reassurance - no one can actually give it to you and it makes you feel worse. You are completely on your own in life - when has being with anyone when you've had a panic attack actually, in reality, made you feel better?

Rely on yourself - you have the answer. Do what skippy does - do it an feel the fear anyway. You'll soon be feeling better. x

diane07
03-11-09, 22:22
It's most probably a brain tumour. Inoperable. Huge one.

Lightheadedness is very unlikely to be poxy anxiety. It must be something of huge significance and seriousness.

I hope that this makes you feel better. See my little experiment thread for my reasoning.

This is not helping at all and is in danger of being removed.

tasia
04-11-09, 09:53
sometimes you do need reasurrance to make you feel better someone to tell you not to worry etc., it depends on how you are feeling at the time I have suffered with panic attacks for years and years so I can deal with them on my own...maybe Inew needs that reasurrance still.

lnew
04-11-09, 14:13
Thanks Tasia, I did just want a bit of reassurance, the timing of Skippy's response just wasn't good. I can see what he is doing and it might work for some people, but we're not all there yet.

tasia
05-11-09, 09:32
Absolutely....I dont even think I could deal with a response like that on a bad day...Take care and enjoy your day out on Friday xx