PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

Bint36
03-11-09, 19:44
I think I posted this thread on the wrong forum. I've been checking out this forum but I'm worried about the pain in my chest (right side), different from my normal anxiety-type chest pain. Can it actually make your health anxiety worse?

Hi there

I posted a thread a couple of days ago about feeling absolutely at my lowest and convinced that something awful is wrong with me.

Anyway, I ended up at the doctors again last night, a gibbering wreck and close to being locked away.

The doctor tried to reassure me but said that perhaps changing my antidepressents would help, so she put me on Citrapram and gave me some mild sleeping tablets which I took one of last night and managed to sleep through the night. First time in a few weeks. I actually felt pretty good, well better than normal, this morning.

I took my first Citrapram at 8am and am freaking out now. This is the usual time of the day when I am most at rest. But I have pain in my chest, especially my right through to my back. I feel sick and have thrown up, my head is swimming around, and feel like I'm getting a headache, although not a bad one. What the hell's the matter with me, is this it! I can't believe that the medication could make you feel like this after taking one.

Can anyone give me any info PLEASE! Thank you.

erin31
03-11-09, 19:55
You really need to speak to your doctor about the pains you are having.
I have never been on Citrapram and no nothing of the side effects but I should think if you are getting chest pains you need medical advice.

It may be nothing serious. Medication can make you feel like this if it does not agree with you in which case you may need to change to something different.
Severe indigestion gives you a pain that goes from your front through to your back and also leaves you feeling sick but you need to speak to a doctor who can confirm what it is and also put your mind at rest.

Keep in touch so we know how you are getting on.

chickpea
03-11-09, 21:00
What dose did you take?

I've been on citalopram for 8 weeks now.
The first tablet I took was 20mg and made me feel horrific - I felt nauseous, couldn't think straight, anxious, exhausted, had awful diarrhoea, headaches etc.
I'm not telling you this to frighten you - more to reassure you that it IS perfectly possible that one tablet will make you feel the way you describe.

It does get better, but it takes a while to get rid of all the side-effects.
Tell yourself it's the pills making you feel this way,not you. (I really felt like I was losing the plot and falling apart).
8 weeks on and most days, I'm back to my old self - which I could never have imagined after taking that first pill.:)

Masa
06-11-09, 14:15
Any chest pain should be checked with your GP just to be on the safe side. I started deep breathing (hyperventilating) for couple of week in the third week of taking Citalopram and ended up with the chest pains for about a week. I went to see my doctors for my prescription and mentioned it and they measured my blood pressure and listened to my chest and it was all ok. I was just not breathing properly and that was causing the chest pain.

Worth going to your GP just for reasurance.

Hope you get better soon!

NoPoet
06-11-09, 21:13
I have pain in my chest, especially my right through to my back.
Probably excess stomach acid, or acid reflux, caused by stress. The pain is the burning of stomach acid. A very strong indicator of this is the feeling that the pain burns right through to your back. Try taking Rennies or Gaviscon to soothe the pain, but don't expect it to disappear straight away as it doesn't work like that. Make sure you follow the instructions for these antacids exactly - taking too much will not help.

It sounds like you are very sensitive and you are freaking out the same way I did when I first started taking cit. Remember that a lot of people struggle to start with and the feeling that you are freaking out does reduce over time. You will probably find these side effects start to lift after a couple of weeks. In a month or two, you should start to feel slightly better as the antidepressant effect kicks in.

richiesaddler
07-11-09, 00:06
hey don't worry. i have had exactly the same thing!! It's more to do with your anxiety though rather than the tablets. I've had incredibly bad pain that goes through to my back for a year before i did something about it and started the medication. I was sick on a daily basis and lost 5 stone. THankfully, after 5 weeks of taking cit, i feel somewhere near human again. It seriously is just your anxiety but get it checked out so you can laugh about it one day like i've done.
Take it aesy