PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Urination / Lower Abdominal Pain - Citalopram

ChrisMayo
03-11-09, 23:23
Hey guys.

Another quick question.

I've been on Citalopram for two weeks now. For the last few days I've had the need to go to the toilet a lot, and the feeling of a full bladder.

I had blood tests done a week ago for liver and other things, and all came back normal. I also had my stomach felt, and the hospital said it all felt normal.

She said the feeling of needing to urinate / abdominal pain could be due to my Citalopram. Also had my urine checked which was normal.

It's been on and off since Thursday night, was quite bad on Friday, then went away on Saturday mostly, and has come back since yesterday.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this with Citalopram.

Wouldn't say it's painful, but feels like i'm bursting for the loo all the time, and is just uncomfortable.

Any thoughts? Don't really want to go back to the Doctor (was there last night), but can't tell if it's tablets or other causes.

Cx

Gazman
03-11-09, 23:32
pure anxiety chris, i've had it exactly as you describe, had it the other day, went to the loo about 8 - 10 times, when i normally go about 3 or 4, felt like i was bursting to go, even 30 minutes after i'd just been!

Then the next day back to normal... must be anxiety, no other explanation :huh:

ChrisMayo
03-11-09, 23:33
Yeah I guess if it was anything serious it would be constant / getting worse.

Was pretty horrible on Friday night, and now feels like I'm bursting.

I guess i'll give it another week to settle down. Now i'm feeling a bit more relaxed about things, hopefully it will go away.

Thanks gaz.

Anyone on Citalopram get this?
x

Gazman
03-11-09, 23:37
oh btw i found sometimes it happened after i'd calmed down, lasted about 2 -3 days.