PDA

View Full Version : Every waking moment

Humly
04-11-09, 08:39
Hi everybody. I was just wondering if anybody else gets like this. It seems like every minute of the day I am thinking about my problem, which happens to be my teeth. From the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep I am thinking about whether they are hurting and what might be wrong. I have an appointment in 2 weeks, which is the earliest I could get, and I dont know how I am going to make it. They will be the longest 2 weeks of my life but I am pinning all my hopes on then. I know its not normal and I am totally obsessed and I am making things worse.

Does anybody do the same or is it just me?

Topazmataz
04-11-09, 08:47
Hello there.... YES have been up for an hour... first check to see if dizzy begins before feet out of bed. try standing on one foot eyes open then eyes shut,,,, consider calling doctor but surgery not open yet .... have thought about nothing else!!!!!!!!!!! how bloody ridiculous am I??? daughter is on half term want to take her tothe forest but becoming scared to drive my car or of bieng out... I will do it though all of it because i canot become a prisoner.... sorry about ramblings !!!! In answer to your question yes others are the same. I know you probably know this but try to distract yourself or do something funny put on funky music and have a dance around in front of the mirror !!!! call a positive friend make yourself laugh... saying all this to you has remimde me to do the same... will think of you dancing around......TAke care

gypsywomen
04-11-09, 08:49
yes at moment pain in my ribs, last week bloodshot eye ,week before head old it goes on or feeling dizzy gets you down

amu
05-11-09, 11:56
Yes I'd say I spend about 60% of my waking moments worrying about my current health problem, and unfortunately another 30% with other (to me serious) worries like work problems and relationship problems.
About 10% left thinking about nice stuff.

Cat80
05-11-09, 17:58
Yes every waking moment I'm thining of my phobia of being sick which then makes me anxious and feel sick all the time, it's terrible and ruining my life

PanicOver!!
05-11-09, 18:46
Oh Yes

Body part changes week to week but then does consume my thinking

MissBoo
05-11-09, 20:55
Not every waking moment anymore, was at first. But I would say at least 95% of the day. :blush:

The hardest part for me is that I don't look too much for reassurance from anyone else anymore. But I spend quite a bit of my day trying to talk some sense into myself when each thing bothers me. And the next day it starts again, its exhausting.

My therapist says this dialogue with myself is good. Its exhausting but eventually it will get easier.

cunny1980
05-11-09, 21:08
Hi Humley
What sort of pains have you got in your teeth as I have had trouble with mine started with aches in my jaws & gums then sharp shooting pains in individual teeth and very sensitive teeth - even breathing in made them sore. I have been to the dentist twice in the last couple of weeks and he says they are fine. It maybe that you are grinding or clenching your teeth which will make them sore. I was clenching mine whenever I was stressed I just didn't realise I was doing it. I hope this makes you feel a bit better :hugs:

Maj
05-11-09, 22:27
Anxiety brings obsession, the result of a tired mind. The thought go round and round, stuck in a groove. I think lots of us have been there so I feel for you. If you can accept your anxious thoughts are part of a pattern and not be afraid of them, they will gradually go away as you give them no importance. I think when we're anxious we get obsessed with some part of our health, so you are not alone. You may be clenching your teeth while sleeping and the dentist can give you a mouth support if this is the case. It's a common thing. Don't worry.
Myra x