PDA

View Full Version : please speak to me, freaking out

MOJO
04-11-09, 08:50
I'm losing control. I don't know what to do:weep::weep::weep: My anxiety is through the roof, I'm frightenend. Anxiety every day but this is awful..I know why i think. Hubbie having bad time at work for ages. He was awake all night and told me at 5 o clock he's handing in notice today. (he is 62, and can retire from his workplace at that age) I fully support his decision as he is making himself ill and worrying about me all the time. It's just given me a load of stress when he told me and i don't want to tell him how bad it's made me feel. He has enough worries. The decision to finish came out of the blue. He will get a pension but nowhere near his wage. i don't work because of anxiety. Will i settle down again? Can't think how to cope with all this or even get through today, feel so weird and frightened....my mind feels like it's shutting down, i think I'm going to lose the plot and go mad or collapse...oh help!:weep::weep::weep:

gypsywomen
04-11-09, 09:00
hi mojo sorry to hear your bad today ,,its shame about your husband he will need your support ,,thease things always come along when we are at rock bottom,,, it is so hard coping as it is ,,try to relax i am sure your husband has been thinking about it for a while ,, your not alone you will be ok love

bomberbeamish
04-11-09, 09:00
judy nothen can happen to u during anxeity, nothen at all, its your mind creating the feelings that is making your adrenaline go mad,, run up and down the stairs get rid of adrenaline.

NOTHEN WILL HAPPEN TO YOU,

try some deep breathing , in to the count of 4 and out to the count of 4, slowly and keep going , your body wiil return to calm.

do you have a friend you could call?
do you have any thing in mediction ways to take the edge off, if not speak to your doctor.
Try distracting yourself,

you will be ok , take control.

lucyx

MOJO
04-11-09, 09:13
Thank you both. Good to know someone there. I don't have anyone I can phone just now. i don't take medication either. I know really nothing will happen but I just can't seem to get a hold of myself...feel like everythings spiralling out of control...having you all here helps though, I know someone's listening.xx

bomberbeamish
04-11-09, 09:27
judy, you will be fine,, i knw how you feel, and its horrible i know,, if you are dealing with this all with out meds, then give yourself a pat on the back, i coudnt do it with out my meds. your stronger than you know, give your self a break.

xx

MOJO
04-11-09, 09:41
Thank you Lucy. I'm needing as much help as possible right now.....anyone that can reply please do... the more reassurance I can get the better...this is just so horrible. Why do things always happen to drag you back down just when you feel you are making a tiny bit of progress. don't feel I have strength to get myself up again..

cridgeway1
04-11-09, 09:43
hi new member feeling realy down no one here seems to under stand the way im feeling

cridgeway1
04-11-09, 09:47
been subscribed citalopram 5 days ago 20mg feeling very on edge at the moment every thing i do seems to be wrong ,

MOJO
04-11-09, 09:53
I think meds take a lot longer than this to kick in and can make you feel worse before they make you feel better. I'm sure if you post a bit more you will find people on here really do understand how you feel. I think they are fantastic and my lifeline. I can't manage without them. Sorry I'm not much help but feeling so bad just now that I'm not thinking well. Looking for help myself...

Terry12345
04-11-09, 10:43
I feel so sorry for you.. I'm much the same myself at times..trying to hold myself together.I don't know if this might help but what about a relaxation cd? ..you can find many online or to purchase.... they do help if you have company and just relax listening to one...best of luck.. :)

MOJO
04-11-09, 19:01
Thanks Terry,
Sorry you are suffering too. I have relaxation cd's but I know it sounds stupid...I can't even manage to listen to them when I'm really anxious...just too agitated. I am a bit better tonight, feel so drained though after day of panic.

Bill
07-11-09, 03:01
Sorry Judy:hugs: but I haven't been looking in this section lately.

i don't want to tell him how bad it's made me feel. He has enough worries. The decision to finish came out of the blue.

He probably didn't tell you because he didn't want to cause you more worry but I really feel you should talk to him about the future. You don't have to tell him how you're feeling but you really need to discuss with him the issues that are concerning you because it's the only way you can be reassured.

I can't believe he would give up his job without looking into the finances beforehand so no doubt he's doing what he feels is best with the knowledge that you'll both be ok. Therefore, if you ask him, I'm sure he could reassure you.

If by chance it was a spur on the moment decision, if you both have financial worries, one option is to talk to CAB who can offer advice on how to manage.

Ad's aren't the answer. They could ease your anxiety symptoms but they're not going to make your worries go away that are causing your symptoms. The only way to settle your anxiety is by talking about the future with him so you can be reassured you have nothing to worry about.

One other thing is that I'm sure he is giving up his work so that he can spend more time to look after you so I can't believe he would do anything to put you at risk.

There is always the option of finding a small part time job to increase income but at the same time be at home more for you but I'm pretty sure he must have looked into all the options before handing his notice in.

If we never share our worries because we fear burdening others, we only make ourselves ill which is normally what the person who cares about us is also trying to avoid by also not sharing because they know we'll worry. This means neither side talks to each other, either before or after important decisions are made which always ends up in causing worry anyway! Talking, sharing and discussing is So important.

Just talk to him Judy about your concerns so that he can reassure you.:bighug1:

lynn1960
07-11-09, 05:33
mojo you will be ok i amsure youe husband as been thinking for some time not a snap dicision and cridgeway meds can take couple of weeks to get into your system as i have found out thanks

MOJO
07-11-09, 10:25
Thank you for your replies. Lynn I expect he has been thinking about it for a while, he just neglected to tell me!!.....
Bill, So good to hear from you :hugs:You are right we must try and talk more. I am willing but hubbie finds it really hard to "talk". He always has.
Anyway, update is that he handed in his notice to the manager at work. When the manager phoned Head Office to tell them, they were so unwilling to accept it that they are sending someone over from the mainland to the island to have a meeting with him and see if they can change his mind. He has worked for the company for 30 years and is a good worker but also very well known within the company PR wise. I know they would really miss him, so we will see what happens.
I hope you are bearing up under the weight of your own problems Bill. As I said it's good to chat with you again.:bighug1: Judy.xx

kahi35
07-11-09, 10:33
hey juhighst needed see if anyone experienced rapid heart rate cant sleep heart rate is 95-100 cant seem to bring it down. it started with exerciseing hard at 7-8 pm then i had to catch the plane noticed high rate on plane came home and tried to relax but i can feel my heart racing. scared i had this before but it went away faster than now.