PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

1978spn
04-11-09, 19:00
I'm a new member so hello to all.

I have been reading on here now for a few days because the doctors are telling me i'm having panic attacks, which i have to say i'm finding i hard to believe what he's telling me !

symptoms

It usually starts with visual disturbances, not blurry but just not right, and a light headed feeling which on occasions can get so bad i feel like i'm going to pass out, my arms, legs are tingling/numbness. And the most worrying thing for me is shaking/muscle twitching/trembling which is most of the day every day.

I know that the symptoms are the same as panic attacks but somehow i find it hard to believe that this is the cause. The doc has given me beta blockers to try to help but they made me feel worse, Ive had ecg, blood tests for thyroid and numerous other things and all were fine.

BUT now the most stressed ive ever been he is testing me for pheochromocytoma with a 24 hr urine test, which he tells me it will take 2 weeks to get the results back, so now i'm convinced this is whats wrong with me .

Any help comments will be appreciated

Topazmataz
04-11-09, 20:58
Hello . I know its hard to believe but panic and anxiety really will give you all thoese symptoms. I to have had test after test been taken to casualty the lot. its almost as though the body has gone into some sort of over drive. I bet that your test will be negative..... I do know exactly how you feel. its the hardest thing to do but you need to totally put your mind elsewhere... I say the word healthy over and over again. watch comedy programmes and every time the thoughts come in your mind say healthy even if its a 1000 times . Breathe in for 6 and out for 12 drink chammomile tea. and I know it sounds crazy but i will sometimes put on a piece of music I love and dance around !!!!! I am just coming out the other end of a phase of extreme panic .I have suffered with it on and of over the course of my life.. Its exhausting but you know what as i start to let it go and truly rest relax and laugh the symptoms that have had me in the doctors surgery and in the greatest fear for my life and sanity miraculously dissapear. XXXXXXXXX you will get over this you do have control be patient and kind to yourself'
by the way My symptoms are blurrd vision facial tremor dizziness a feeling of impending doom. A hollow feeling all over weakness in my legs.... sound similar??? i also suffered with numb feelings on my face.... today am relaxed and nearly all symptoms gone

1978spn
04-11-09, 22:00
Hello . I know its hard to believe but panic and anxiety really will give you all thoese symptoms. I to have had test after test been taken to casualty the lot. its almost as though the body has gone into some sort of over drive. I bet that your test will be negative..... I do know exactly how you feel. its the hardest thing to do but you need to totally put your mind elsewhere... I say the word healthy over and over again. watch comedy programmes and every time the thoughts come in your mind say healthy even if its a 1000 times . Breathe in for 6 and out for 12 drink chammomile tea. and I know it sounds crazy but i will sometimes put on a piece of music I love and dance around !!!!! I am just coming out the other end of a phase of extreme panic .I have suffered with it on and of over the course of my life.. Its exhausting but you know what as i start to let it go and truly rest relax and laugh the symptoms that have had me in the doctors surgery and in the greatest fear for my life and sanity miraculously dissapear. XXXXXXXXX you will get over this you do have control be patient and kind to yourself'
by the way My symptoms are blurrd vision facial tremor dizziness a feeling of impending doom. A hollow feeling all over weakness in my legs.... sound similar??? i also suffered with numb feelings on my face.... today am relaxed and nearly all symptoms gone

Thank you for taking the time to reply, i truly appreciate it.

deep down i hope it is panic !, i think i'm finding it hard to accept because i have never felt anything like this and don't consider myself to be a
"panicky" person.

I have noticed over the last few day's (stopped drinking coffee) that the symptoms do ease up a little, so i think i'll stay off it and speak to the doctor about it when i get my results come back for the urine test.

I have been thinking tonight about what the doctor has asked over the last view visits about anything that may have triggered these off, but i couldn't think of anything at the time but now..... three or four weeks ago i found out that a friend took his own life and later on found out he had been battling a illness for the past couple of years. so maybe that could have been the trigger ?. at the time i did find myself drifting into deep thought over him asking the obvious questions...why ?. and thinking about his wife and kids.

Topazmataz
05-11-09, 09:55
There you go I cant think of a more likely cause for this reaction the body is a a strange thing sometimes. you think you are coping mentally and you are strong no doubt about it but then this happens!!! I weirdly am a performer i get up in front of hundreds of people i am thought of as funny and strong and yet i have thease terrible episodes.... therefore i dont think of myself as a panicky person .... ... sorry for what happened to your friend that must rock your world for a bit . maybe your in a type of after shock.... but his story isnt yours... have a good day today do something nice for yourself.