PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes and panic attacks

buffybot
04-11-09, 20:52
Hi all

Is there anyone with type 2 diabetes who finds poor blood sugar levels trigger panic attacks? and if so have they found that as soon as the sugar levels read ok the panic attacks go?

buffybot :)

nomorepanic
04-11-09, 21:07
Do you have diabetes?

kazzie
04-11-09, 21:26
Hi:D

As an ex type 2 diabetic(yes it can cure itself) I would say yes!!!

Low blood sugar can cause same symptoms as a pa and although you are not panicing it can feel like you are

Hope this helps

Kaz x

buffybot
04-11-09, 21:43
yes I do have type 2 diabetes it runs in the family sadly. But I have noticed when my readings on the test kit are not good I get symptoms
of anxiety and I am not sure if it is physical because of eating the wrong thing or some bug. I had panic attacks long before I had type 2 diabetes
but I am wondering just how much of an influence blood sugar has now?
May be it does not matter anyway :shrug: But when I am stressed my diet
goes a bit haywire so this does not help and I was wondering how to break this cycle.....:blush:

buffybot

lizzie29
04-11-09, 22:43
Hi

I don't have diabetes, but my nan and dad both developed it when they were older. I suffer when my blood sugar is low however - feel faint, get shaky, light headed, etc etc and this affects my anxiety too. Often if I'm anxious, I realise I haven't eaten for a while and when I do, it helps. Unfortunately, when I'm anxious I find it hard to eat, so it's a bit of a vicious circle and I literally have to force myself as if I don't, I know it'll make it worse.

nomorepanic
04-11-09, 22:47
You should look up hypoglycemia