PDA

View Full Version : i really need ur help please x

angelmummy
04-11-09, 21:48
i lost my little girl 6 months ago and ever since i have suffered from health anxiety. I have noticed that my stomach is really pulsating and when i lay down i can c it even worse. I had an abdominal scan bout 3 months and iv had blood tests there were for other reasons. Im really scared. Anyone else get this x x

nomorepanic
04-11-09, 21:51
Yup loads of us have this. I have it too so assumed it was normal

angelmummy
04-11-09, 21:56
thank you. Im so scared its something bad x

diane07
04-11-09, 21:56
So sorry to hear of your loss, and yes i have this too, it is normal.

di xx

amu
05-11-09, 11:50
I have this too.

Very sorry to hear but you have been through. It is not surprising that you have health anxiety, unfortunately many of us have had it since we lost a loved one. I hope you have asked for help and you are getting therapy - I should have done long ago, but I didn't and I still have HA five years on.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Neuro
05-11-09, 17:41
I always wondered if my 'beating' stomach was normal, but it never worried me, it's harmless.
Sorry for your loss and I hope you feel better soon.

Jac 2009
05-11-09, 18:03
I lost my daughter 19 years ago. It was a very traumatic experience and I got panic attacks about six months later when the shock wore off. I didn't get any help or counselling for several years and I think the anxiety had become so ingrained then that I associated with the grief I felt.

The two things are entirely different. In some ways my panic hijacked the grieving process and I have never really been able to get over my daughter's death.

Take my advice and get help for the anxiety - don't let people say that's it ok to panic because of what you've been through. It's ok to miss your daughter and cry for the loss of her - that's more than enough in one lifetime. But it's not ok to be doubly burdened by anxiety. When my daughter died I couldn't talk about her or even have her pictures out, I was so crippled by her loss. Because it has been a relatively short time since she died, I think you should cry more about your daughter and talk to people about her rather than crying about how you feel and talking to people about how you feel. Do you see the difference? That way you can seperate the two and say goodbye to your anxiety.

I hope you can feel better. I think wailing is good - they do it in other countries but we're not allowed to - we have to stay strong for other people - how ridiculous is that because we don't stay strong by bottling it up, we become weak.

All the very best.

Jac xx

Cat80
05-11-09, 18:06
So sorry to hear of you loss. I get the pulsating stomach thing too and it's all down to anxiety according to my Dr

PanicOver!!
05-11-09, 18:43
Hi

Sorry for your loss

Im a guy and i get this as wel ... a little disconcerting but harmless x

Maj
05-11-09, 20:51
How sad. I'm so sorry. It's very early days for you. You need some T.L.C.:hugs:
Myra x

hunny
05-11-09, 21:21
Hi
I'm so sorry for your loss
I also get the pulsating in my stomach , I think most people do , just that some people can feel it more than others
HTH
H x

Elmum
05-11-09, 22:08
Oh my god Angelmummy I'm so so sorry for you.
I cried reading your short message.
I have 8mth old twin girls who arrived 6 weeks early and were in special care for 3 weeks which I still have nightmares about now (although NB that's not the cause/reason I came to register on this site) and I can't put myself in your shoes at all. Even if I could, I can't, if that makes sense, the thought of it starts a searing pain in me so I dread to think what utter turmoil you must be in. My heart goes out to you. You can't ignore these stomach pains because even though they may well not be a sign of a dangerous physical issue, it is certainly an alarm bell telling you that you cannot carry on bearing the weight in your heart and mind alone much longer. It's a "something's got to give" scenario. Don't try to be brave too soon, let the world know you're far from ready to 'get back to normal' whatever that means, eff everything and everyone else, you've lost your baby, you need love and time and space until that day comes when you can say "Yep, I had a fantastic little girl and we had great times and I'll always cherish that, and when my time eventually, naturally, comes, we'll be together once more". And when that day DOES come, only then should you proudly display your brave face. UNTIL that point, do what you need to do, scream when you need to scream (no matter who it makes feel uncomfortable!), and write on this website.
Very much in our thoughts here in Lincs xxxx