PDA

View Full Version : HA back again!!!

agingwuss
05-11-09, 09:37
For the last few months I'd been doing well and felt so much much better.
And now the horrible old HA seems to be creeping up again as bad as ever.
I started obsessing about a dry throat which has now gone entirely - as I should have realised it would!
And now I'm worrying about as stupid a thing as I ever have done!
I'm on a much overdue diet - I really need to lose weight. I'm weighing myself every Monday and I've been losing about a pound a week which I'm happy with.
Last week I let my diet slip a little bit - had a lunch out & an Indian take-away - so I was expecting to either lose nothing or actually put a bit on.
BUT - I turned out to have lost 2lbs! And instead of being pleased I'm paniking that this is nothing to do with my diet but the begining of ominous deadly weight loss!
I don't feel I can talk to my partner about this as he's put up with such a lot in the past and he's so pleased I was getting better.
Could anyone reassure me that this is not necessarily a sign of horrid things to come? I'm not feeling worn out or tired, got lots of energy. No other symptoms [touch wood!]. Surely if this weight loss was a bad sign I've have other signs?
Apologies for this rant but I'm so so fed up to be back where I started!

valleybear
05-11-09, 15:11
Sometimes the body loses weight or water and not necessarily on the week when we think we have done best!! I have really successful dieting weeks and lose nothing ...then expect to put on or not lose, like you ,and get a nice surprise. There is nothing wrong with you and as you feel well and have energy, I expect you really know this. I also can relate to being free from H/A for a while then being caught from behind with some thing...in my case usually scare mongering in the press... and then it starts a roll! Try not to let it swamp you and be pleased your diet is having such success...'cos that is all it is hon. XXX:hugs:

MissBoo
05-11-09, 15:41
Have you been exercising? If so, then you probably got your metabolism up. I know when I was exercising frequently and then stopped eating well I still lost weight and it took a bit before my metabolism slowed down and the weight came back on.

Need to get back up there.

nomorepanic
05-11-09, 16:19
2lbs in one week is not serious at all. If you look at these big dieters they can lose upwards of 7 lbs in one week!

When I was dieting some weeks I lost 1 lb and the next I could lose 3lb it varies so much.

When I was ill last year in hospital I lost 2 stone in about a month now that was something to worry about but it was because I was ill.

Your weight loss is absolutely fine.

Gazman
05-11-09, 16:27
i lost 2 stone in less than 2 months because of anxiety, i was really worried, had 9 blood tests, 3 ecgs and ct scans and endoscopy and all was clear.

Like others have said 2lbs is not alot at all and weight fluctuates all the time depending on time of day you weighed yourself and how much you have eaten or drank.

Nothing to worry about... relax :yesyes:

agingwuss
06-11-09, 08:25
Thanks everyone for your support & sensible comments!
I really knew in my heart that it was just nothing at all but dear old HA had to come up and torment me! Feeling 100% better now I've had confirmation of my irrationality! :)
Doesn't it just make you puke when you think you just might have cracked it and up it comes again to smack you in the face?!
Back to the drawing board and my "It's Not Just In Your Head" book.:mad: