PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone.

magic girl
05-11-09, 10:43
:scared15:hi everyone this is my first post just to introduce myself,iv suffered from panic attackes for about 18 years now on and off(i have good patches and bad)iv become bad again since my much loved nannar died in the summer.when im bad i find it difficult to leave the house as i feel my legs are going to give way,this is not ideal as i have to get my son to and from school on a daily basis which i find difficult and also he is autistic which makes things more difficult although he is the reason i battle on.im panicking very badly at the moment as i have to take him for a hospital appointment tommorow and this involves me driving some distance into an area im not familiar with and also my hubby has to go abroad next week with his job which he has never had to do before so i will be alone without
him here for the first time in 13 years so im very frightened:weep::weep:
sorry iv waffled on a bit xxx

nomorepanic
05-11-09, 10:44
Hi magic girl

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Rom
05-11-09, 12:00
Welcome magic girl theres lot of support/advice here if you need it.

pinkrose
05-11-09, 13:16
hi magic girl

I'm new here too. Sorry to hear about your nanna. My nan passed away just before xmas last year, and it was quite sudden. Think I'm still coming to terms with it really, and that, along with other things, I think has triggered my depression and anxiety. I have been really bad - worrying about everything, feeling shakey, and not being able to leave the house. I know how difficult it is to keep going when you feel like that. I too have a young son and have found it very hard to put on a brave face in front of him. Things like just doing the school run has been a big deal for me because I haven't wanted to face people. I'm sure you'll be fine when you're hubby goes away. Sometimes the anticipation of it is worse. Try and find things to keep yourself busy or maybe pamper yourself whilst he's away. Take care x

Thorny
05-11-09, 17:49
:welcome: Magic Girl

Don’t worry, you didn’t waffle on at all. It’s good that you have been able to express your feelings.

l'm sure you will find the forum/site helpful.

Great username by the way :)

Take Care

Matt

Elmum
05-11-09, 21:34
Hiya,
I too am new to the site and I think you're really brave telling everyone how you feel, not waffly at all! I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to put my feelings down in black and white. I have 8 month old twin girls and my husband started a job where he works away much of the time just bfore I had them, so I know your fear...! I'd managed to keep the worst of my panic attacks out of his view until the day he had to go away again after the girls were born (they were 6wks prem and stayed in hospital without me for 3 wks) and then I REALLY let rip.... it scared the life out of him AND me when I did it! But 8 months on I'm still here... not great but still here, and you too will be "ok" when your fella has to go. You may also find as I did that in some ways it made life more simple, as I tend to want to please everyone, and it was one less person to please, if that makes sense! Take care and keep us all posted x x x

Maj
05-11-09, 22:50
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your loss. You will be going through the grieving process which will in itself bring lots of anxiety. The fact that you know why you feel like this is a good thing and it'll pass with time. Worrying about the drive to a strange place would make most of us feel anxious, but you'll do it and I bet be proud of yourself after it. I hate driving to somewhere I don't know!! Looking after your son who is autistic will be very challenging and demanding at times and I think you need to be proud of yourself for coping with this. I think you'll cope fine when your husband is away. Don't sell yourself short. You are a credit to your son and husband and you'll get through this again.
Myra x

magic girl
07-11-09, 12:31
thanks everyone it helps to know im not the only one who feels like this and if elmum can cope with twins when her hubby is away im sure i will manage when my hubby is away.i managed my drive to hospital yesterday although i was very shaky my mum came with us for support and good news is my sone does'nt need an operation which is one less thing to worry about and he was so brave im really proud of him as i know he was very frightened thanks for your replies and i will keep you posted as to how i cope when my hubby is away:):)