PDA

View Full Version : WHY??????????????

Copsgrl8
08-11-05, 18:43
I don't' know why I think the way I do and why I think something is terrible wrong with me after my gp and er docs told me everything is fine and it's just my anxiety.

I get these strange feelings in my legs and forearms from time to time. They feel so heavy and just ACH. I could go days sometimes weeks without feeling it but like this past week I have felt it for 4 days in a row.
I am not stressed at the point nor do I feel any anxiety so why is this happening?
The feeling in my legs I swear is blood clots (as I have posted before) and of course the feeling in my arms I am relating to heart.
I also get aches in my chest which also make me think of my heart.
Ugh !!!! i just can't stand this.

Does anyone else have these feelings???

Terri

Buby
08-11-05, 18:49
Hiya,

When i dont realise i am anxious, I have noticed i get a chest pain right between my *whispers* boobs and slightly lower down towards mt stomach area and down the top half of my arm and the back side of the lower part of my arm. I think because u r relating it to ur heart, ur subconsious mind is telling you that something is seriously wrong when really there isnt and u may be experiencing some unnoticed anxiety. Maybe, i dont know. But i hope it isnt anything serious.

Tc xxx Rachel

carlin
08-11-05, 18:56
Hi Terri,
Gosh this anxiety is hard work isn't it? So many of us here can relate to the symptoms you describe, if you have been checked over by your doctor i am sure that they are anxiety related. if we had a blood clot, it would not go away at all (and there would be other symptoms) if it were our heart it wouldn't go away, it would worsen. It is so easy to say these things and i know when the pains strikes we can take a lot of convincing, but i have found the less frightened i am, the less the symptoms appear. sorry not of great help, take care and keep in touch xxxx

rusky736
09-11-05, 14:03
hi terri...i lost my mum suddenly 2.5 yrs ago from a blood clot in the lung. she was only 59.
anyway...without wanting you to fear i think your anxiety is just that...anxiety...your symtons dont sound similar to my mums. she had terific problems breathing, lost weight and had pain when inhaling...she also (near to the end) couldnt walk more than 10 yards without sitting down....(all these symptons i must alsoi add were totally overlooked by the hospital)...ill also add that from begginning to end of her symptoms was no more than 2 wks...
anyway...my point is is that im sure its your mind working overtime...i know how this feels!!...but...if you are in the "group" that are perhaps prone to blood clots...ie do alot of long distance flying...smoke or on HRT as well as numerous others i would either way go see your doc'...he'll set your mind straight...
i hope i havent worried you...that wasnt my intention...but after two yrs of legal struggles between us and the NHS im somewhat more knowledgeable now on PE or pulmary embolii (blood clots) then i was before... :D
keep your chin up...im sure your fine [^]

RedMozzy
09-11-05, 23:57
Hi,

I also get the bruised feeling in the chest and numb - achyness in the arms and legs so I think it prob is anxiety rearing its ugly head

take care

Alan

"Life's a roller-coaster and I am not strapped in"