PDA

View Full Version : MRI referral this time re: abdominal lump

amu
05-11-09, 12:06
Well so far I had three ultrasound scans, a blood test, a full colonoscopy and a stool test and I am still freaked out that I have a large lump in my abdomen. Therefore now I am going for an MRI scan on the 21st of December.
I wonder whether, if it is clear, I will feel better, or will I still think I have cancer. I have now moved on from thinking it is bowel cancer (colonoscopy was pretty obviously clear) to thinking it is some kind of a soft tissue sarcoma or some other tumour.
Somebody on this forum suggested I have body dysmorphism, I so wish they were right, but unfortunately this lump is too real and I keep thinking it is growing and my whole abdomen is becoming asymetric.

Has anyone had an abdominal MRI scan? Is it good for detecting abdominal masses? How do you lie still for such a long time? Doesn't breathing into your tummy affect the image?
arrrrrrgh I wish I would stop feeling like this.

amu
06-11-09, 09:45
And I keep reading about young people with cancer - there are so many!!! And the information is just everywhere... :scared15::weep:

leigh08
06-11-09, 10:44
it's sounds slightly like the same lump i have right below the middle of my rib cage in the top of my abdomen

amu
25-11-09, 21:35
I don't want to open another thread, as I've opened way too many about this lump and have nothing new to say until I get that MRI...:blush:
but I just wanted to write I am so upset, I feel like screaming all the time, especially when I am lying down and looking at my asymmetric abdomen.
I feel like there is this alien inside of me and I want to cut it out.

What if the MRI is clear and I still won't be sure? I should be locked up somewhere :weep:

countrygirl
25-11-09, 23:26
My abdominal and pelvic mri was so detailed that they could say for sure that my ovarian cyst was purely a fluid filled cyst and totally benign - mris are incredibly detailed they can literally see inside you to the point of finding miniscule cysts and things that are of no consequence - I had a brain/head mri and it showed miniscule cysts on my brain stem which freaked me but they were of no consequence and quite common.

amu
26-11-09, 22:20
Thanks, that is so reassuring. So they can't really miss it. Hope they find what it is...