PDA

View Full Version : am I imagining things.

hunnybunny
05-11-09, 12:17
Hi guys,
Im not new to the forum but I havent been on for a while (thought I was better) lol.
I was wondering if anyone can relate to this, but is it possible to imagine things wrong with yourself.
The other day I bent the fingers on my left hand back and it went all tingly for a few seconds. then a day after my fingers and hand felt kind of numb and tingly and it wouldent go away I felt it more when I moved my wrist.
anyway the doctor said it was the little tendons in my hand and assured me it would go away. I dont know why but I started dwelling on it then I thought maybe hes wrong and its my heart or a stroke, anyway with that fixed in my mind suddenly my right hand feels all wierd like kind of numb and sometimes tingly, and then I keep thinking does my toungue feel right or my cheek and I seem to be continuously aware of every little tingle or twinge in my body and now I dont know if its real or Im imagining it. Im getting myself into such a state about it I cant focus on anything else.:unsure:

nanny
05-11-09, 13:06
Try not to worry, it does sound like the doctor's right, but us anxious people like you say in your post seem to blow up every little thing.
We tend to focus on a little thing and that becomes a mountain.
Try to relax a bit though easier said than done i know, and i think the things you are thinking now will slowly disappear from your mind.:)