PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get these with Flouxetine?

Kirsty-Jayne
05-11-09, 15:05
Hey guys, just wondered if any of you have experienced this problem.. I suffer with Panic Attacks, although i haven't had one for a little while.. im currently on Flouxetine 20mg, have been for about 5-6 weeks. They were fine at first, but now i have been getting shaky in the mornings when i start to take them, im okay after i've eaten and taken my pill, which i normally do about 1pm. Also, recently i've had a really weird burning sensation in my chest.. its quite scary, as it makes me feel all tingly, and if im laying down i still feel weird. Its hard to explain.. but also i feel dizzy everytime i get up. Stand up, walk etc.. Does anyone have these side effects, or could anyone tell me if they have fully kicked in yet? I was told that these are just the tablets working.. But i have a fear of the doctors as it is, dont appreciate the fact of going back for a little while.. Any help will be greatly Appreciated. Thanks xx

PanicOver!!
05-11-09, 15:09
Hi

I had tehse when i started on fluoxatine ... been on a few months now and they are fine

pinkrose
05-11-09, 15:18
Hi

I'm on Fluoxetine 40 mg per day. First 5 weeks I found very difficult - more anxious and shakey. I'm on week 8 now, and feel calmer than I did. Still shakey though! So I'd say give it a little bit more time.

NoPoet
05-11-09, 16:53
Anxiety and stress can cause excess stomach acid reflux. A burning sensation in the chest is usually the main symptom. Try taking Rennies or Gaviscon.

eastender24
12-11-09, 00:43
took 3 months for me for it to work

Danath
12-11-09, 01:02
they worked very well for me, though every now and again I did get a horrible burning in my tum, only milk would fix that, though the burning couldve been down to the amount i was drinking at that time of life too.

LAURA48
06-02-12, 21:32
took 3 months for me for it to work
It did for me first time around