PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel like im going to die

Keitharcher
08-11-05, 19:15
Hi

Can anyone help, i have just been let loose in the world of anxiety and panic. I was ill and on a cocktail of medication that resulted in me getting panic and anxiety attacks. I stopped the medication, the attacks didnt stop. I feel sucidal, shaky, on my own, lump in the throat cant breathe, then over breathe. I have my stutter back, I shake and have lost total confidence in myself or my ability to live. I can only control the feelings for short periods so spend most of the day feeling horrible. Can anyone help me with anything to help gey my life back. I hae made an appointment with an hypno therapist - Pleade Help Me

Keith

mirry
08-11-05, 19:34
Hi Keith,

I just read your post and can see you are totally focused on your anxiety which is feeding it further - I know its not easy because I have been in your situation a few years ago But believe me when I say things will get better for you. Please see your GP asap and tell him how you are feeling or if it cant wait the samaritins are there to help.

Please come back and chat to us here to let us know how you get on.

mirryx

mirryx

nomorepanic
08-11-05, 19:43
Keith

Welcome aboard.

Start here and see if this helps - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps

I know that you feel totally overwhelmed at the moment but in time you can learn how to best look after yourself and help the panic/anxiety.

Feel free to ask any questions you want to ok?

Nicola

wobily_lin
09-11-05, 00:35
hi keith.

im sorry ur having a bad time. but i no how u feel. iv had it for 2 years now. it takes a little time and it is scary but try not to focus on how u r feeling. see ur gp. try to keep alittle busy so u can try to keep ur mind off it for a little while. cos the more u think about it the worse it gets. i know it hard cos im feeling like that myself at the moment.

i hope you feel bettr soon

lin x

Keitharcher
09-11-05, 08:58
Thanks to you all who have replied to me. I know that your right andthings will get better but I cant see it all I can see is the waste of me. However, it was help just knowing that others have been where I am

Keith

Piglet
09-11-05, 09:12
Hi Keith,

A big welcome to you and have you been in our chatroom yet - that can be a good distraction. Its generally busy about 8ish.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

rusky736
09-11-05, 13:22
hey keith....firstly im sorry to hear your feeling as you do. i can sympathise exactly and know precisely what it feels like to fear what you are fearing....although our "triggers" may well be different.
what sparked it all off for me was the sudden loss of my mum....since that day 2.5 yrs ago its been a constant battle against stress and anxiety that i thought werent humanly possible.
i too have daily panic attacks...infact i had terrible ones last night whilst trying to get to sleep...after a while i was so exhausted i obviously drifted off...
my body aches...my back physically hurts from tension....and i have a whole manner of other "problems" that cause me to fear my own death even more...99.9% of it is in my head...but the mind is a massively powerful tool....my own works overtime and makes me believe what its telling me...you'd think it'd be just as easy for your mind to tell you that infact theres nothing wrong..your totally healthy so enjoy life...but when your in that "Place" of panic and fear its too over powering...
for me im willing to try anything....ive seen a counselor for 18 months...ive tried and still take many herbal remedies available...and i also see a spiritual healer....i agree...maybe these arnt for everyone...but i needed help...and i was willing to try these things if they were gonna help. i almost stumbled accross the spiritual healer...but 10 months later i do feel more at ease and my head isnt totally confused and caotic like it used to be....alot of the tension in my body has been relieved too....although im still in the dark place of depressiona and anxiety with time i know it will get easier...ive been here before keith...its like a vicious circle...dont let it beat you my friend!!
although i know from experience it doesnt help when people say "your not alone"...but your not keith....we're hear for ya and for the most part know exactly what your feeling too....
im here if ya need to pm me...
russ

Trev
09-11-05, 17:18
Hi Keith,

however bad you feel it can get better. Many people on here have recovered after feeling at the lowest ebb when cure seemed a distant and impossible goal.

Stick with it mate, use some advice from here and be patient with it. You can recover, but don't expect it to be overnight.

All the best,
Trev

denise84
09-11-05, 17:44
hi keith, i wasin the same situation as you when i first started having panic attacks, now im finally living life again, panicis still a partofmy lifebut no longer controls my life, you will get better, trustme.xx.

dmcgovern

Meg
10-11-05, 21:07
Keith

Sorry that you're feeling so terrible.

Nic has posted you the link with the basics on it so you can start taking control and taking steps to improve.

If you haven't got a book- any of Claire Weekes is the starting point.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?