PDA

View Full Version : 4 days of almost constant pain - can't stand it!!!

Jo3016
05-11-09, 17:32
My stomach is still hurting today. It hurts all over - under my ribs (gnawing, knotty pain), across my tummy button (cramps) and low down on the left and right (sharper pains). I am in agony!!

It doesn't wake me at night. It starts after I have been up for an hour or so. I am very windy (burping all the time) and feel bloated. I had bad diarrhoea for 3 days earlier in the week but quite normal now. The pain is awful. It feels worse when I worry about it. I have low back ache too.

HELP!!!!!

nomorepanic
05-11-09, 17:36
Have you not seen a doctor?

Neuro
05-11-09, 17:39
Worrying maybe makes the pain worse. Whenever I get like that (currently enduring a painful period) I take a couple of ibuprofen and get a hot water bottle. A lot of people in my family report similar symptoms to yours when they're under-stress, so maybe just try and relax.
I hope you feel better soon.

gypsywomen
05-11-09, 17:45
youy couldl have trapped wind but if its that bad i would ,deffinatly have a word with dr ,,ps have you eaten anything do you think that was off

nomorepanic
05-11-09, 18:00
It could be acid indigestion, IBS, trapped wind, gastroenteritis. Any number of things really.

Cat80
05-11-09, 18:02
I've been like that everyday for months, the only thing that is helping it is the charcoal capsules from Holland and Barretts. For only £2.99 they are worth a try

Jo3016
05-11-09, 18:06
I went to the doctor the other day and she didn't seem bothered. Just said it was my ibs. I have had similar episodes before but I don't remember it hurting so much!! I had a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound in May when I had the last bout which showed nothing. Three years ago when it started, I had a barium xray, colonoscopy and loads of blood tests which were also clear.

I am hoping it will go soon but whenever I get any symptom, I always seem to hold on to it and it lasts for ages!!

The doctor prescribed microgynon for me as I have had very painful periods and mid-cycle problems since having my 3rd child. I have been really worrying about cancer and stuff recently and a friend of mine died suddenley in September of asthma so I have been quite stressed recently. I think this has brought on a rather nasty bout of ibs but it is so draining!!

Chris2010
05-11-09, 18:35
Hi Jo

Im sorry that you are still feeling so bad. I feel just the same and have had diarrhoea again all day today. I noticed a bit of blood today so I am going to see the doctor tomorrow as I cant take any more of this. I have had an endoscopy but not a colonoscopy so Im gonna push for this I think. Im worried that it might be very unpleasant :( I hope that you feel better soon. I wish I could offer some advice for you. I hate this IBS so much.