PDA

View Full Version : Lets put our hands in our pockets and give to the poppy appeal

Granny Primark
05-11-09, 18:25
I guess im so like many others and thinking we have to get our troupes out of afghanistan.
I cant change anything sadly. But if I could our troupes would be home tomorrow.
My hubbys nephew has been to afghanistan twice now and ive seen the stress its put on his family.
Yes I know he chose to go in the forces and war is something he knew that hed have to face. But is this war anything to do with us?
The only thing I can do is give support by buying a poppy. The British legion give so much support to the families that have lost loved ones and also to the the brave people that go out there and get injured.
My dad was in the second world war and the British legion were so supportive.

PanicOver!!
05-11-09, 18:36
Great post

Already done and yes, they all, more than deserve it

My thanks and best wishes to those who have fought on my behalf in all conflicts

gypsywomen
05-11-09, 18:41
done it yes i agree too many of are young men being killed and wounded and what for ..,.............. ts not right

kazzie
05-11-09, 19:25
Well said Lynn:yesyes:

Ive been wearing my poppy with pride for days now:yesyes:

God bless all who fought for our freedom:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

meena
05-11-09, 20:20
done it yes i agree too many of are young men being killed and wounded and what for ..,.............. ts not right

To right,its NOT right so many Innocent civilians and children are getting killed for no fault of theres.

MOJO
08-11-09, 22:06
I have donated also. My nieces partner flies out to Afghanistan for a 6 month tour of duty tomorrow. It will be a worrying time. I feel for all those families who have relatives out there.