PDA

View Full Version : trouble eating

bomberbeamish
05-11-09, 19:25
god i dont know where to start, i was just eating egg on toast, and this has happen a few times before, but i cant seem to swallow sometimes, i flap my legs about to get it to go down, and have to have a drink, now im scared to eat, has anyone els had this?

Maj
05-11-09, 20:35
I can only imagine it's got something to do with the toast being a bit dry and when you've tried to swallow it you've just panicked a bit. Swallowing problems can affect some people suffering anxiety. If you feel it doesn't get any better than I'd see your doctor, but it honestly sounds like a bit of anxiety.
Myra:)

junie7
06-11-09, 13:39
Hi Bomber,
I went through a phase when my mouth and throat were dry all the time no matter how much water I drank and because my throat was so dry some foods have been more difficult to go down.
Hope this helps.
Junie

amandaj
06-11-09, 17:04
i had this for quite a while i lost weight because i couldnt get food down, im fine now it will pass ,i was drinking lots of cup a soups etc, i had advice from here to have milkshakes aswell which i did my appetite came back slowly but try eating anything you can scrammbled egg is soft things like that you will be ok it will dissapear the more panicky you are about it the worse it gets ive found out from my own experience, hope you feel better soon if need to chat feel free to pm me

amandaxxx

bomberbeamish
06-11-09, 17:55
thanks everyone, ive had soup today and rice pudding , they go down easy xx

meena
06-11-09, 20:13
Hi bomber
i know where you coming from,i couldnt eat anything at all,so it was weetabix for me till i could eat normal again,and boy i lost weight big time,lol which was the good thing that came out of this.

mcarr09
08-11-09, 22:00
Hi, I've been having the same problems - nearly 2 weeks now :( It started out that I had sinus problems, my nose was congested and because I was breathing through my mouth it became dry! I tried to eat some cereal one evening and I had difficulty swallowing it due to the dry mouth but I blamed the food and now I find myself getting quite anxious coming up to lunch and dinner time and I'm always extremely anxious after I eat - I keep thinking something has got 'lodged' somewhere. I know it hasn't really but I haven't eaten much since. Like you bomber I flap my legs and stamp the ground as if that is going to help me swallow. How do I get over the fear of eating?