PDA

View Full Version : Im going insane....

JTR
08-11-05, 20:57
:( I have had yet another panic attack this week. This one won as far as how bad it was. I was so scared I actually called 911. Of course now I feel like a idiot. I was wondering is it normal that I would still be having some lasting feelings? I am still hurting, as in arm pain, (both arms) and some chest pain like near my center to left. Of course I do have chostochonrdritis, and some (GERD) but im just scared. My heart doctor says, "Your imagining the pain, becuase it's not your heart" I believe im going insane. I need some help. :( :( :(

RobyBaggio18
08-11-05, 21:16
Your not going insane, I can assure you.

Are you new to anxiety/panic?

Have you been under a lot of stress recently?

Some of the pain could be caused by tension, especially if you are in fear of another attack.

JTR
08-11-05, 21:54
Thanks for the reply, and yes, I have been going through alot, lately. I've had alot of attacks it's just this one seemed much diffrent.. I didn't think the symtoms of the panic attack lasted into a few days after.. but it sure still feels really wierd. Im still experiencing arm pains, and chest pains.. mainly in the left side.. which I was told was due to the acid reflux and chosto. But it's still very nerve racking.

nomorepanic
08-11-05, 22:07
I used to take up to a day to recover from bad panic attacks. I felt drained afterwards and scared.

It does take time to subside again.

I had chest pains for about 6 months every day and I had to learn that it was anxiety so this is not un-normal.

Hope you feel better later.

Nicola