PDA

View Full Version : It's back again :( but hi!

Skakitty
06-11-09, 09:12
Hi, My name's Gabbie from North Hampshire :)

I've suffered from anxiety/depression on and off for about 10 years now (i'm 26 now). I've had a good year so far this time, until about 3 weeks ago when the anxiety came back straight 'out of the blue' :/

I'll post some more about my issue in another post, but i'm just feeling horrible at the moment and wish it would go away!

Thanks for reading xxx

nomorepanic
06-11-09, 09:16
Hi Skakitty

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

dreamer
06-11-09, 09:17
Me too, I have suffered on and off with anxiety for years. I'm 29 and fed up with it. Have you had councilling? My doctor has put me forward for that.. I'm doing lots of exercise to help and it does help. It's just the making myself get up, get out and do it that's hard! Hope you feel better soon :) x

onceagain
06-11-09, 09:17
Hi Gabbie,

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling good, have you been to the doctor yet to get any help, don't let it build up.

Try breathing exercises inhaling through the nose for the count of 5 and exhaling to count of 7, close your eyes whilst doing it and just concentrate on the breathing. As you don't know what the reason is then you can't think of another thing but try to keep yourself busy until you get to the doctor if you haven't been and remember you are not alone, best wishes :)

mandyclare
06-11-09, 09:36
Hey Gabbie..

Glad you found this great site.. loads of people who understand why you are going through here. These anxiety issues to do tend to rear their ugly head when you last expect them. Just remember they can't hurt you.

Mand x

Skakitty
06-11-09, 09:42
wow

Cheers for the quick replies!

I am feeling anxious constantly, but really only 'physically anxious' if that makes sense? as in, i'm not thinking about anything worrying or having any anxious thoughts (well... now i am, just 'i wish this would go away! lol)

I was having a great time up until a couple of weeks ago, I had just booked a ticket and got a working holiday visa to New Zealand (I *hopefully now* leave on the 27th Jan) and i was around my friends house, i suddenly felt a bit dizzy and panicky :/ so i asked if i could lie down, wait for it to pass, but it didn't- and has stuck around and got worse for the last 3 weeks!

I even went on holiday a few days after thinking 'it's ok, i can relax now and it'll go away' but noooo... i just constantly had this feeling of not being able to 'breathe out' properly. I actually did relax on holiday and mentally felt fine, except for the annoying breathing thing!

I went to the doctor after, and he put me on some beta blockers, so it would calm down the physical symptoms (racing heart, breathing issue) and this is where it just got worse.. :(

After taking the beta blockers for a week, i started to get these horrible palpitations, waking me up in the middle of the night so strong it felt like my throat was constricted, and also my physical symptoms of anxiety were getting worse, i was feeling so tired too; even brushing my hair was an effort, and i started to have full blown panic attacks at work.

On Tue, I had a bad morning at work, feeling so tired and anxious symptoms, so i called the doctor to get an appt. He didnt have one for Tue, but he said to me 'ok, stop the beta blockers, and see me tomz' so ok, i didn't take the dose that morning.

I felt really horrible palps at about 10am on tue, so i went to lie down in the first aid room, and the first aider was worried so she called the paramedic.
I calmed down quite a lot and was just sitting there when suddenly i felt my eyes go really wide, and my face muscles all strained upwards and i started having this fit, where i had no control over my body, it was flailing all over the place and my neck felt like it was being arched backwards! I was concious throughout, i just had no control, but i didn't feel 'panicky' and i was hooked up to a heart monitor, and there was no change in heart rate:/

I was taken to the hospital, they did an ECG and it was fine, the doc said it was 'anxiety'

I had another docs appt yesterday, and he has upped my effexor back to 75mg per day (I was on a withdrawl program, and had got down to taking literally crumbs of the stuff :(

Today I am feeling super-shite, i feel constantly like i'm going to have a panic attack, and my eyesight feels out of focus, i feel really lighteaded also :/
UGH!

Thanks for reading my essay!!!
Anyone had anything similar to the fits??

xG
Today, i feel