PDA

View Full Version : Eye lash stuck on eye

phil06
06-11-09, 09:12
Help I'm in a panic attack I have an eye lash it's like stuck on the front of my eye ball. Tried some water to get it out no joy..will it come out? :wacko:

gypsywomen
06-11-09, 09:30
pull your top eyelid over bottom one then when closed move eyeball around that should do it

mandyclare
06-11-09, 09:34
Gypsy has got it.. just relax and pull the eyelid down. keep it down for a few mins and make your eye move under the eyelid.... if you do that for a while the lash will come to one of the corners and make it easy to wipe it out. It wont hurt you so try not to panic.. feells very uncomfortable though i know. x

phil06
06-11-09, 09:36
Thanks it's a bit awkward as it's holding on to a corner of the top of the eye ball...still trying to find a way to get it out

gypsywomen
06-11-09, 09:39
that will work you got to do it for a bit stay calm wont harm you in anyway

phil06
06-11-09, 09:40
It's in the corner with the lid stopping it coming out

mandyclare
06-11-09, 09:44
just dont poke and prod it Phil.. even if it takes half an hour hold your eyelid down and continue to move the eyeball under the closed eyelid.. it should eventually budge it... if it doesnt the only thing you can do is ask the chemist for some eyewash to rinse out away with a proper little eye wash cup thing. Try not to worry though.. it will come out eventually and won't do any harm in the meantime x

phil06
06-11-09, 18:35
It came out itself but still got a red blood shot eye now. Not very pleasant but I guess that's it gone now.

still a bit sore

phil06
06-11-09, 18:57
Update:

After a look in the mirror seems it's sunk down into the red corner of my eye so maybe thats why it's blood shot? It's less sore as it's not on the eye but will it do me harm?

BigDaz
07-11-09, 11:29
I have this fairly often. Generally I find the best way is to gently push it into the corner of the eye near your nose, where it's not so sensitive, then just remove it with a pair of tweezers.

NoPoet
07-11-09, 23:27
I was going to advise you to leave it because your eyes naturally flush foreign objects out using tears.

charlotte83
08-11-09, 15:10
It will find its own way out, eyelashes and things that get inot the eye usually work there way into the corner and come out eventually. The redness is just slight irritation and won't do any harm.