PDA

View Full Version : I'm New x

Rianne
06-11-09, 12:21
Hii My names Rianne.

I heard of this site from my mum who has recently joined (Strider) she showed me a thread she posted about me and my current problems and worries and there was some really nice helpful feedback and i would like to thank the people who took time to read and reply to that thread :) x

At the age of 8 i suffered from OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and had an extreme phobia of sickness which stopped me from going to school. My mum took me to a councellor and she worked with me for about a year resulting in my ocd decreasing and my sickness phobia not being as bad.

Now i'm 15 and i have suffered from panick attacks for a couple of years and am constantly frightened and anxious. My attacks have made me quite agraphobic and im struggling to go to school (i was refferred to a small tuition centre with one to one classes as i couldnt cope in main stream school) i also go to a hairdressing college once a week but have had trouble attending (i want to be a professional hairdresser :D) My mum is very helpful and does everything she can for me and i'm soo grateful for all her help. But, i just wish i could cope on my own as i know my mum has everyday stresses with my panick attacks and i don't want her to struggle with my problems as well as hers... i've tried councelling and medicine and none have worked. mum has found a meditation and yoga one to one class that we both shall go to this sunday and we are hoping for the best x Will let you all know how we get on
Love
Rianne
xxx:bighug:

pinkrose
06-11-09, 12:39
Hi Rianne. I'm glad you found the site - i'm sure it will help to know you're not alone with your condition.

I, like you, from about the age of 8 have suffered with anxiety, depression and panic attacks (I'm an old gal of 39 now, unlike you)!!:D Unfortunately, GPs at that time didn't pick up on it and my mum could not understand why I was like I was - and still can't! So I just wanted to say you're very lucky that your mum helps you and acknowledges your problem. It's so important to have support like that, especially when you're young. I look back and wish I'd had it. Give her a big hug from me:hugs:All the best xxx

Rianne
06-11-09, 14:20
Thank you for your reply :) im sorry to hear that people didnt understand your problems but i hope you have found a way of helping yourself with them :) x Lovely to hear from you,,

Rianne
xxx
:bighug1: