PDA

View Full Version : I'm New x

Rianne
06-11-09, 12:40
Hii My names Rianne.

I heard of this site from my mum who has recently joined (Strider) she showed me a thread she posted about me and my current problems and worries and there was some really nice helpful feedback and i would like to thank the people who took time to read and reply to that thread :) x

At the age of 8 i suffered from OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and had an extreme phobia of sickness which stopped me from going to school. My mum took me to a councellor and she worked with me for about a year resulting in my ocd decreasing and my sickness phobia not being as bad.

Now i'm 15 and i have suffered from panick attacks for a couple of years and am constantly frightened and anxious. My attacks have made me quite agraphobic and im struggling to go to school (i was refferred to a small tuition centre with one to one classes as i couldnt cope in main stream school) i also go to a hairdressing college once a week but have had trouble attending (i want to be a professional hairdresser :D) My mum is very helpful and does everything she can for me and i'm soo grateful for all her help. But, i just wish i could cope on my own as i know my mum has everyday stresses with my panick attacks and i don't want her to struggle with my problems as well as hers... i've tried councelling and medicine and none have worked. mum has found a meditation and yoga one to one class that we both shall go to this sunday and we are hoping for the best x Will let you all know how we get on
Love
Rianne
xxx:bighug:

diane07
06-11-09, 12:41
Hi Rianne

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.