PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Tongue

PanicMan
06-11-09, 14:11
For the last month or so on an off but not everyday I have had a taste of blood in my mouth and when I suck my spit out its a bloody colour that goes after a few sucks and spits.

It would normally happen after I would try and cough up some phlem and as I would do the usual suck and spt to get everything out of my mouth would be when Id see the blood.

I was at my doctor 3 days ago and told him about this as I bleed from the gums after brushing and he said he could see no problem with gum or mouth infections and also checked my throat to see if there was anything there which there wasnt.

Last night it happened again and I was looking at my mouth in the mirror to see the back of my throat and noticed a redish colour on one area on one side of the top of my tongue and when I sucked and spit there was the blood and I could see where it was coming from. I have noticed my tongue seems a bit sensitive after I use mouthwash for the last few weeks but I have never come across this before. There doesnt look anything wrong except I can see tiny red dots which I assume are my tastebuds but no cuts or ulcers. Has anyone else heard of this happening or why it would be happening?

suzy-sue
06-11-09, 14:29
[SIZE="3"]Any mouthwash that contains alcohol can irritate the tongue and gums .Its not advisable to overuse it either ,contrary to what the manufacturers say..Brushing with a good electric toothbrush will prevent gum disease ...also regular flossing .A more natural mouthwash will do the trick like Cider vinegar diluted with 5 parts water ,if you have bleeding gums or infection .It tastes horrid ,but does work You should stop using the mouthwash and see if your tongue feels better .[.You have probably made it sore with your teeth as well ,as we sometimes subconciously keep feeling the places in our mouth when they are not right ..Im sure you have nothing to worry about ... All the best Sue ../SIZE]